Community Leader
MAD MONDAY: 7/11/11
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 11:27am

*IT'S MONDAY!!!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 11:33am
VENTS:

1. People keep mispronouncing my DD's name, and it's frustrating me cause I didn't think we picked something that was so "out there" that people couldn't figure it out easily. Her name is Charleigh (pronounced just like Charlie), but people keep calling her "Cuh-Har-Lee" or "Carly". LOL

2. I had the misfortune of working with a very naive and uneducated person this weekend who dissed breastfeeding and cloth diapering. I don't CD, but I do breastfeed past the first birthday. This person was YOUNG and had no children, and just didn't know what they didn't know. But still, it was irritating. LOL

PLANS FOR THE WEEK:

We have VBS at our church this week, and I am sitting with the babies in the nursery. Then Friday we are supposed to make a trip out-of-town (about a 5 hour drive) to visit my grandparents. Will be their first time meeting Charleigh. Sadly, we had to put my van in the shop this morning cause it's acting funny, and we were afraid to head off on our trip without at least having it checked out.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 3:26pm

Vents:

1) In-laws and step in-laws and ex in-laws. Need I go on? ;)
2) Still have PP bleeding and it's getting old.
3) The baby is super fussy today and that's getting old. ;)
4) My toenails need to be cut but a) I can't bend just yet without stomach pain and b) my feet are still a teeny bit swollen but the skin hurts more than anything (I think it's post-stretching pain because my feet were so huge) so I can't go get a pedicure to get them cut either (and before it's suggested, I don't trust my husband...if you could see his feet, you'd understand).
5) My house is a disaster and I feel like I'm becoming one of those Hoarders' people. :/ I really need to get things in order before things get worse, but I'm swimming in baby stuff.

Plans for the week:

1) My son has a dentist appointment on Thursday. Because he's special needs, we have to go to a pedodontist and he has to be knocked out (they give him some sleepy med he drinks). This is the first time to this dentist. (Well, first visit beyond the initial exam.) Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and that the medicine kicks in and makes him fall asleep. At the old pedodontist it didn't work. :(

2) Friday the baby has an ultrasound scheduled to check her hip for dysplasia. The ped orthopedic didn't see anything and thinks everything looks fine, but he wants to be certain. Fingers crossed again, please. :)

3) Our pool collapsed during the winter so my husband has to clear the area so the new one can go up. I also want to get some digital scrapbooking done. I have to do birth announcements too. Ugh - I just remembered my husband is going somewhere on Saturday so I'll be alone with the kiddos. Sigh.

Community Leader
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 3:34pm
jennh1230 wrote:
VENTS:

1. People keep mispronouncing my DD's name, and it's frustrating me cause I didn't think we picked something that was so "out there" that people couldn't figure it out easily. Her name is Charleigh (pronounced just like Charlie), but people keep calling her "Cuh-Har-Lee" or "Carly". LOL

2. I had the misfortune of working with a very naive and uneducated person this weekend who dissed breastfeeding and cloth diapering. I don't CD, but I do breastfeed past the first birthday. This person was YOUNG and had no children, and just didn't know what they didn't know. But still, it was irritating. LOL

PLANS FOR THE WEEK:

We have VBS at our church this week, and I am sitting with the babies in the nursery. Then Friday we are supposed to make a trip out-of-town (about a 5 hour drive) to visit my grandparents. Will be their first time meeting Charleigh. Sadly, we had to put my van in the shop this morning cause it's acting funny, and we were afraid to head off on our trip without at least having it checked out.

Ugh on the name. I read it right though, although now that you pointed it out, I can see the Carly. But I never would have saw it unless you said something.

Community Leader
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:38am
ubergeek wrote:

Vents:

1) In-laws and step in-laws and ex in-laws. Need I go on? ;)
2) Still have PP bleeding and it's getting old.
3) The baby is super fussy today and that's getting old. ;)
4) My toenails need to be cut but a) I can't bend just yet without stomach pain and b) my feet are still a teeny bit swollen but the skin hurts more than anything (I think it's post-stretching pain because my feet were so huge) so I can't go get a pedicure to get them cut either (and before it's suggested, I don't trust my husband...if you could see his feet, you'd understand).
5) My house is a disaster and I feel like I'm becoming one of those Hoarders' people. :/ I really need to get things in order before things get worse, but I'm swimming in baby stuff.

Plans for the week:

1) My son has a dentist appointment on Thursday. Because he's special needs, we have to go to a pedodontist and he has to be knocked out (they give him some sleepy med he drinks). This is the first time to this dentist. (Well, first visit beyond the initial exam.) Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and that the medicine kicks in and makes him fall asleep. At the old pedodontist it didn't work. :(

2) Friday the baby has an ultrasound scheduled to check her hip for dysplasia. The ped orthopedic didn't see anything and thinks everything looks fine, but he wants to be certain. Fingers crossed again, please. :)

3) Our pool collapsed during the winter so my husband has to clear the area so the new one can go up. I also want to get some digital scrapbooking done. I have to do birth announcements too. Ugh - I just remembered my husband is going somewhere on Saturday so I'll be alone with the kiddos. Sigh.

Photobucket