Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:51am

RANTS:

RAVES:

Plans for the week:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:57am
RANTS:

1. I cleaned my house really good on Saturday cause we had company, and by the end of the night you couldn't tell I had cleaned. :(

2. I have at least 4 baskets of clothes that need to be put away!! Aaaccckkk!!

3. I have no food in the fridge and have to figure out how to make $50 buy enough groceries to get through the week.

RAVES:

1. My oldest ds turned 9 yesterday!!

2. Even with all my rants, I still know that I am blessed to have what I do have!! :)

Plans for the week:

It's going to be pretty busy compared to my last couple of weeks. I have to grocery shop today and run errands. Then tommorow I will be taking clothes to the next consignment sale, hoping to sell most of what was left over from before. Wednesday I have an IEP meeting at oldest ds's school that I am NOT looking forward too. (They want to drop his OT, but I don't think he's ready yet.) Thursday we have dental check-ups, and Friday I hope to just be able to recover from all the running I've got to do this week!! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 12:21am

RANTS:

Manda :)

Community Leader
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 9:21am
mandak78 wrote:

RANTS:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 7:17pm
Yes, baby. Ok, he's gonna be 4 in September or October. Interesting little tidbit: My parents separated in December, 3 months AFTER the kid was born. So nearly 4 years later, they are still separated, not divorced, and he lives in the house they were remodeling together with his girlfriend (who is about 15 yrs younger) and their child. And yes, the house is still decorated with things my MOM picked out. Meanwhile, my mom and disabled sister live in a 1983 single-wide trailer that you can see daylight through some of the holes in the walls. Yes, dysfunction is rampant around here! And I just thought I was the youngest! I am excited about getting some of Grandma's china though. When she died, my grandfather pretty much wrote me off since he finally had a grandson, so I'm glad to have anything of her's that I can!

Enjoy your week of hamburger! My favorite hamburger recipe is 1lb of hamburger, 1 can tomatoes, 1 can corn, chile powder, chopped green chile, chopped onion (to taste), 1 cup beef broth (or a small can of it), plus the tomato can full of rice (if you use minute rice, just add it to the mixture in the pan and put a lid on it). I could eat that all day long! Plus, you only dirty one pan.

Community Leader
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 3:14pm
Thank you for the recipe!! I'm always on the hunt for something new to feed the family. Will have to try that sometime, for sure!!

Last night I made like a Mexican lasagna. I put a soft tortilla shell in the bottom of a baking dish. Spread refried beans on that, salsa on that, sprinkled the meat made taco style on that, and then mexican shredded cheese on that, then layered it 2 more times like that, and then put another tortilla shell on the top, topped with cheese again, and then baked for about 25 minutes until the cheese was baked on top. YUM, YUM, YUM!!

Now about your dad. :) I'm sorry that your dad has treated your mom in that way. That is so sad!

To share just a "little" of our family dysfunction (so you can see that I can relate), my dad lives in a trailer with one woman behind the house that his ex-wife lives in. And I'm pretty sure they are all still very "friendly" with each other.

For mother's day, he bought both women gifts. Strange. And those ladies both go shopping and do things together all the time. He's not married to either of them now, and no, neither of them is my mom.

My mom is quite disturbed by the idea when I tell her about it. LOL Me too, but how do you even say anything to them about it. Just glad that I am not still a kid and have to live in it. I just feel now that whatever he wants to do with his own life is his choice and as long as he's not hurting people and bothering me with it, then do whatever you want, I guess! LOL It's just that I HATE trying to explain that situation to my kids cause I don't even know for sure "what" it is! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 2:21pm
Haha! Thanks for making me feel better about the family! I bet that is an interesting situation. I can't imagine what Christmas must be like!! It's nice to know that other people's parents are just as crazy as mine. :)

That Mexican lasagna sounds yummy! I might just try it tonight. I think I have everything...