RANTS:

RAVES:

Plans for the week:

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 10:58am
RANTS:

Things have been crazy here since Friday. I was preparing for the wedding I had to be in last Saturday, and my mom ended up needing emergency surgery Friday morning. I was in a panick not knowing what to do about the wedding, what to do about my mom. It's been rough.

She had a scope run down her throat on Wednesday and during the procedure they tore a hole in her esauphagus. So that's why she had to have the emergency surgery to correct it. She is in pretty bad shape right now. She gets a little better each day, but it is going to be a LONG recovery from this.

My biggest RANT is that her husband is not staying at the hospital with her during this. I can't for the life of me understand what is going on in his head, but she really needs him to be there right now.

The other rant is frustration over the doctors that let her get so bad before doing anything to correct the issue. She was complaining of pain right after the initial procedure and no one was taking her serious enough. :(

RAVES:

We did make it through the wedding. I had to rearrange my plans by the minute, but we got through it. I ended up not bringing any of my family with. Charleigh refused the bottles at first, but by the evening, I think she figured out she better take what she could get. LOL So, she was VERY happy to see me when I got back home.

Plans for the week:

My kids are still out on fall break, so we are still trying to survive that. And now with the stuff going on with my mom, I'm still playing it by ear as to what I need to be doing when. I don't know when she will get to come home from the hospital. They had to place chest tubes, and a feeding tube in, and she has an epidural for pain control right now. The feeding tube will be in for a couple of weeks to try to let the hole heal before allowing anything to pass through the esauphagus again. So, I really have no idea how long this hospital stay will be. :(
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 3:24pm

RANTS: If it's not one stinking thing it's another. :( My foot is better, thankfully, although I had a 2nd steroid shot last Wednesday just to keep it going in the right direction. That caused pain for 3 days. THEN my tooth finally gave me enough problems that I headed back to the dentist and tada! I need a root canal. Only bad thing? Due to the Jewish holidays (the dentist who does the root canals is Jewish) I can't get it done until the 27th! THE 27TH! I am in soooo much pain it's not funny. It comes and goes (mainly when I eat/drink) but sheesh. I'm on 2000mg of Amoxicillian a day and Tylenol with codeine as needed. (And boy, is it needed!)

RAVES: The weather has been pretty great and I hope it holds up as we're going to do a Great Pumpkin train ride this weekend. :) We also had the baptism class yesterday and thankfully Addison was all smiles and squealing (her first public squeals) so that was good. LOL Nothing worse than a screaming baby while a Sister is trying to go over information. ;)

Plans: Hmmm... we've got the great pumpkin train ride this weekend and we're going to finally do some outside halloween decorating AND get my fall mums. I'm slacking. Otherwise it's a slow week which I am thankful for!

Community Leader
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 3:27pm

Oh Jen, I'm sorry about your mom. :( I don't know the situation but I'm surprised her husband isn't there either.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 5:55pm

RANTS:

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:03pm
Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how you feel about the drs. Sometimes they know too much for their own good and forget to listen to their patients. My grandma actually had a stroke AT THE HOSPITAL after an angiogram and my mom couldn't get the dr to do anything about it. The next day she took her to our regular old family dr and he knew right away what was happening. Have you asked your mom's husband if he could stay with her? Maybe make something up about you staying with her but that you can't so you'd like him to stay instead? I dunno. Men can be dumb about such things. I know most older men in my family would have to be told that they need to stay. I hope her recovery is easier than expected but even if it's not, I know you'll all make it through. HUGS!
Glad to hear Charleigh survived your absence. :)

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:13pm
ubergeek wrote:

Oh Jen, I'm sorry about your mom. :( I don't know the situation but I'm surprised her husband isn't there either.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:14pm
Erin,

Oh my word!!! You have had some rough luck!! And I don't know how you will stand it until the 27th!! I'm so sorry!!!

The pumpkin ride sounds like fun!! Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy it and not be in too much pain from your tooth issues.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:17pm
Manda,

Family visits always have those pros/cons, don't they?! LOL

And Kudos to you for making the costume!! I've never even attempted to do one. LOL You'll have to post a picture for us when you get it done!!

GL on your family pictures!! I try to do one at least once a year cause these kids change so much!! I never know what to wear either though. :)
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:30pm
jennh1230 wrote:
ubergeek wrote:

Community Leader
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:32pm
jennh1230 wrote:
Erin,

Oh my word!!! You have had some rough luck!! And I don't know how you will stand it until the 27th!! I'm so sorry!!!

The pumpkin ride sounds like fun!! Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy it and not be in too much pain from your tooth issues.

I know! LOL Although with the teeth - after I had Matt, I went to the dentist once a month for a year to repair the damage that pregnancy caused, so I sort of expected it this go, lol.

Pages