Community Leader
MAD MONDAY~10/17 Rants & Raves!
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 7:08pm

RANTS:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 10:49am
RANTS:

My mom is still really struggling, all because of a mistake made in a "routine" procedure she had done. She was very close to dying on Sunday, and they finally found that she is suffering from a very severe fungal infection now, and treating her aggressively.

RAVES:

She didn't die, though I really thought she was going to. And so far she seems to be doing better now that they are treating the infection.

Plans for the week:

I am playing it by ear. I would like to get my kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend, but I don't know what will happen with the issues going on with my mom's health. We will just have to see.

The kids are back in school this week from their fall break too. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 12:06pm
RANTS: I think I've develped an allergy to something. I'm itching all over. It started with my eye and I thought it was pink eye coming back (had it for the whole month of July). But then I got a rash on my hands and I thought it was a reaction to the rubber gloves I wore when I was washing dishes, but then it moved up my arms so then I thought it was a new lotion I was using because my hands were dry and cracked. Then my ears started itching, then my neck and now my legs. Its unnerving. I can't sleep and I'm all out of cortizone cream so I think I'll call the dr and see what I can do. I've been taking benadryl at night to help me fall asleep (of course I wake up later when the itch comes back) but I can't take it during the day because it makes me seriously loopy and sleepy to the point that I can't take care of LO very well and I sure wouldn't want to drive. ARGH!

RAVES: We got tough on LO about his waking up to eat increasingly often and he's taking it pretty well. The first night he woke up at 11 but it wasn't time to eat yet, so we left him, then he slept til morning (6:00). The next night he woke up to eat at 4 then slept til 6:30. Last night he nursed at 3:30 then woke up at 5:00. It wasn't time to eat so we left him and he cried for 40 minutes :( then slept for about 20 and got up at 6:00. The last time we did this the 3rd night was the worst, so I'm hoping he'll get better and better from here. Yay for more sleep! Even though last night (mostly this morning) was rough, its still nice to only feed him once during the night instead of 2 or 3 or 4. Getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep at once sure is nice!

Plans for the week: Not much. Need to work on the yard/flower beds. DH is going out of town Friday night to help his sister finish moving her stuff out of storage and into her new house so LO and I will be on our own. We're going to a party at a friend's house on Saturday. She has twins that were born the day before my LO so its always lots of fun with them. :)

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 12:09pm
Jennifer, I'm so sorry about your mom. Its good to hear they discovered the infection. Hopefully she will continue to improve. Keep your chin up! ((HUGS))

Community Leader
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 10:52am
Thanks Manda!! She's doing better, but it's just been a really hard process to go through.

I'm sorry about your rash!! I don't know what you can do. If it keeps up, you may need to run an allergy test to see what it is so you can start eliminating or avoiding it. UGH!!!

And more sleep would be nice. Definitely when the baby is about a year, it's time to start setting some new boundaries there. They are just in the routine of getting up to eat like that, and don't really need the nutrition. But, letting them cry is so hard on a mommy's heart too!! (((HUGS))) Hope he gets through it quickly and easily for you!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 4:56pm

Jennifer, glad to hear your mom is still improving!

Well my week did get better. I'm still itching all over-pretty much head to toe-but it isn't as severe. I got more cortizone cream and some Curel Itch Defense lotion, which I'd never even heard of, but the combination seems to be helping. I had called my dr's office but she never called back and since it's getting better I'm not too worried anymore. If it comes back I'm just gonna make an appt. Also, the little guy does seem to be sleeping better. Woohooo! He's waking up at random times during the night-1:00, 4:00, 3:30, 4:45... so that's kinda weird, but at least it's only been once at night instead of 3 or 4! Also, he slept til 6:40 this morning, so that was great! I'm hoping he'll continue on this track. :)