Community Leader
MAD MONDAY~10/24 Rants & Raves
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:09pm

RANTS:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 4:13pm
RANTS:

My mom is still in the hospital, and I had to stay with her again over the weekend. All this time away from my baby has reaked havoc on my milk supply. And our budget this time has been blown to bits from all the trips to and from the hospital (that is 2 hours away) and the eating out and such.

Oh, and 2 of my kids started with a stomach virus last night and I was so exhausted from the weekend and still had to clean up puke!! YUCK!!!

RAVES:

If all goes well, my mom is supposed to go home tomorrow. It will still be a LONG recovery from here. She will be going home with a feeding tube, central IV line, drainage tube in her back, and will be in need of a home health nurse to.

The weather is beautiful right now, and we are trying to enjoy it while we can.

I got all the Halloween costumes bought. I will have an Alien, Red Angry Bird, Smurf, and Baby Lamb. :)

Plans for the week:

I've got to try to get caught up on my house stuff. With all that's been going on with my mom, I've gotten so behind on everything.

We had my 3 yo's well child check-up this morning, and Charleigh had to get her 2nd flu shot. I will get the big kids flu shots on Friday, and then we have a fall festival at our church this weekend.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 7:51pm

RANTS:

Manda :)

Community Leader
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 9:23am
Such an exciting time for you with your little guy turning one!! It's crazy how fast that first year goes! I wrote letters with the birth story to each of my kiddoes too. I think that it is very healing to write it out.

The cake you are making for him sounds awesome!! I hope you guys have a great time at his party!!

Also, great that your doc was so complimentary of your parenting skills and breastfeeding. With my last baby, at the one year check-up the doc made a comment about needing to "wrap that up", and it sort of offended me. I didn't stop breastfeeding him then, and it turned out that at 16 mos, he ended up in the hospital for a week with a horrible stomach virus and asthma attack. Breastfeeding was providing the only nutrition he was able to take in at that time. The doctor sang my praises then for still breastfeeding him. And also, the hospital provided food for ME too while he was in there because I was a breastfeeding mother. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been fed at all. So, glad that you have a doc that sees the value there, and respects your motherly intuition!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 2:03pm
It is nice to have a supportive dr. I think because she's family practice, she really sees the big picture of the mother-infant relationship.

How is your mom? Did she get to go home?

Manda :)

Community Leader
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 2:49pm
Thanks for asking.

She did finally come home on Tuesday, but she still has a long way to go. She has to continue the feeding tube for another month, and also has to stay sitting up because of the stint in her esophagus for about that long too. She has a central IV line for taking her medicines each day to fight off the horrible infection she got, and that will continue for about 12 weeks.

Our whole holiday plans have been re-arranged now, which is fine cause it's better to have her here than not, but it's sad for her that she won't get to enjoy them like she usually does.
Photobucket