Mon, 11-07-2011 - 8:33am

RANTS:

RAVES:

Plans for the week:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 8:38am
RANTS:

My rant is that the stomach virus took another victim!! I hate germs!!!

I'll also rant that I hate cancer!! A sweet little 2 yr old boy died after his battle this week, and my heart is still so sad for his family!!

RAVES:

My mom has really made a big improvement from where she was. I describe her now as looking like someone who's just had surgery, not someone who is still very sick and could die at any second. She seems like she still needs to take things slow and easy, but I "feel" like the worst has passed!!

Plans for the week:

Re-claim the house is a good start. Last week, flipped my couches (by myself) over and cleaned under them really good. I moved a desk from one room to another (by myself). So, I think my body post c-section is finally back to normal cause I never felt any weird pulling or tugging at the incision from all of that.

I desperately need groceries today, but with a sick kiddo, not sure how I am going to manage that!!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 3:00pm
jennh1230 wrote:
RANTS:

My rant is that the stomach virus took another victim!! I hate germs!!!

I'll also rant that I hate cancer!! A sweet little 2 yr old boy died after his battle this week, and my heart is still so sad for his family!!

RAVES:

My mom has really made a big improvement from where she was. I describe her now as looking like someone who's just had surgery, not someone who is still very sick and could die at any second. She seems like she still needs to take things slow and easy, but I "feel" like the worst has passed!!

Plans for the week:

Re-claim the house is a good start. Last week, flipped my couches (by myself) over and cleaned under them really good. I moved a desk from one room to another (by myself). So, I think my body post c-section is finally back to normal cause I never felt any weird pulling or tugging at the incision from all of that.

I desperately need groceries today, but with a sick kiddo, not sure how I am going to manage that!!

Ugh you too with the sickies? The kiddo has had a cold since last Wednesday. He stayed home from school Thurs/Friday and is home again today. He's not getting worse but I don't want him spreading germs and having it find it's way back to us. ;) Thankfully, *knock on wood* the baby hasn't gotten it yet. Or if she has it's mild (I've noticed some extra nose stuff, lol, but nothing dripping or causing breathing issues).

Community Leader
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 3:05pm

Rants: The kiddo is sick and I'm tired of telling him not to touch his sister or her stuff! Argh. Just call me BR - broken record. ;)

Raves: I'm doing really well with my Christmas shopping AND I ordered the Christening gown and it's the one I love and I can't wait until it gets here!

Plans: Not much this week. The kiddo is home sick today, off tomorrow. Going back Wednesday and is off Th/Friday. Saturday is the dentist and I'm meeting a friend for lunch that I haven't seen in eons. :)

Community Leader
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 5:56pm
Yep, sweet little Tyler! His mom is in my March 2011 PG. My heart can't fathom such pain!! :(

Sorry your kiddo is sick too. UGH, the germs!!!!

And you are doing really well, cause I only just started making out Christmas wish lists for everyone. Not even began to think about shopping. LOL I'm excited for it though. I think Charleigh will be quite impressed with all the lights and stuff, but I'm betting she won't leave my tree or presents alone, given the chance! LOL

GL at your dentist appointment. I hope it goes well since you have sure had to wait so long for it!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 6:34pm
RANTS: For the most part, I don't let things bother me too much. I'm pretty laid back, I think. But this weekend my MIL and SIL came over and we made supper for them. Well MIL likes her steak well done so DH left one on the grill a little longer to let it cook. I guess it wasn't done to her standards though because she sat there and pouted and picked at it until DH and SIL prodded her to put it back and try another one. Finally DH ended up taking 2 steaks back out and put them back on the grill. She still pouted but then proceeded to try to eat BOTH steaks cause apparently she felt like it was the polite thing to do since he made them just for her and it was rude in the first place to ask for another steak....Wah wah wah! It just bugs the crap out of me that she turns everything into a pity party then tries to make everyone else feel guilty for it. Grrr! I was taught that when you eat at someone else's house that you ate what was served and you LIKED it (even if you didn't) and if they went to the effort to make something special for you, you were appreciative. You didn't sit there and pout about it. Ugh! She's a grown woman! Sure wish she'd act like one! Ok, I'm done griping.

RAVES: My mom, at 55 years old, is finishing her masters degree today! I'm so proud of her and how far she's come in the last few years. With her success, I see her fears and bitterness subsiding and I can see the promise of brighter days ahead. Now she just has to get a J O B. Then she could move out of her deathtrap of a trailer house!

Plans for the week: Tonight my cousin and her new husband and their (her) 3yo are spending the night. They are flying out to California so she and the boy can meet the new ILs. Their plane leaves at like 5am so they are driving to our house (3hrs) so they are closer to the airport (only 1 hr here) instead of driving all night to get there with a pre-schooler. Tomorrow I'm babysitting a friend's 1yo so that should be interesting having both boys on my own! This weekend we are heading back "home" to go deer hunting. I'm excited because I haven't been deer hunting in 2 years but nervous because we'll be leaving Taylor at my mom's all day and I've never left him all day before!! I'm trying to pump but I'm not getting hardly any yet. Hopefully I'll get enough all week to last him through Saturday and Sunday. I've thought of starting him on whole milk but I'm worried about how he'll take it. He's gotten a rash a few times after eating certain cheeses (but not all cheeses). I don't know if its a milk thing or some other ingredient. We'll see.

Manda :)

Community Leader
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:48am
Oh MILs!!! I feel your pain!! I'm sorry she acted like that. I sure hope when we are the MILs that we remember what ours put us through and will be nicer to our children's families!! :)

That is a BIG RAVE!!! CONGRATULATIONS to your mom!!!! (BTW, she's the same age as my mom!!)

You have a busy week, and I hope it goes well for you. About the milk, hopefully just pumping a little each day will get you enough to cover the time away from him. I wouldn't try the whole milk just yet if you can help it cause you don't want to be away from him if he does have a reaction.

When I had to unexpectedly stay at the hospital with my mom a few weeks ago, I didn't have any milk stored away, and so dh just had to use formula for the day. I was sad/worried about it, but there wasn't any other choice at the time. But, she did ok.

GL, and have fun!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 1:20pm
I pumped again this morning and got about 1/4 oz. I think I'll try again this afternoon and do the same the rest of the week. Surely if I do it twice a day my production will kick in enough to cover him for a few feedings. At least I'll only be a few minutes away and I can run over and feed him if I have to.

So did you get engorged when you were with your mom? I've been wondering what it will be like being away from him all day. I doubt I'll get engorged at this point though.

Manda :)

Community Leader
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 5:57pm
I think my situation was different then. It was a very stressful one, and I also didn't eat that day either. I was only able to pump about 3 times during that time and I really wasn't engorged, infact my milk supply dropped the week following and I had to start taking Fenugreek to be able to keep up with her. But, I really think it was just the stress of the situation. I actually spotted during that time too, and I NEVER have gotten my periods back while breastfeeding before a year. So, it was definitely stress overload. :(
Photobucket