MAD MONDAY~9/19
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 9:04am

RANTS:

RAVES:

Plans for the week:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 3:02pm

Rants: My foot is STILL killing me. :( I spoke to the doctor's office today and it's not a fracture so I can either do oral steroids or an injection. Since I'm on a BP pill, a water pill and an anti-anxiety pill (love this darn pre-e!) I went with the injection. I go Wednesday am for it. (O.M.G.!)

We're trying to buy a new truck and the salesperson is dragging his feet. No clue why. We've got the cash (we go through our credit union so we pay the dealer in a check). So my dh is going there tomorrow to finish up the deal. We are $2000 away on the price so my husband asked if they can throw in the DVD player (it's a Ford Explorer). We'll see. I'm not holding my breath though. I hate to be a pessimist, but we don't have good luck, lol.

Raves: The weather has been awesome. Nice and cool. Although I just got an email that tomorrow it's supposed to rain. :/

Plans: I've got the podiatrist on Wednesday and an IEP meeting for the kiddo on Thursday (but I opted for a conference call as my son's teacher lost her baby at just about full term and I don't want to hurt her feelings by bringing Addison around just yet - wound is still way too fresh in my eyes, kwim?). Next Saturday is the dentist. And that's it. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 7:26pm
I hope your new truck stuff works out for you soon. We did the same type thing when we bought our van last year. Got the check ahead of time so that when we found what we wanted, we had the money all ready to go. Sorry they are making it so tough on you guys!!

A DVD play would be a very nice add on!! We got them in our van, and I am SOOO happy!! It makes life so much easier for my almost 3 yr old to have go do errands with me and sit in cars lines for school. :)

Also, I think that is very thoughtful of you to do the phone conference like that. I know if I was in her position, it would be very hard for me too. Not meaning that she isn't thrilled for your family, but obviously it's just a big reminder of her extreme loss.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 7:30pm
RANTS:

1. Laundry. I just DESPISE laundry these days! LOL

RAVE:

The Parent/Teacher conference for my oldest ds went much better than I expected it to. Not sure why, but I am very, very happy that I didn't have to butt heads with his teachers.

Plans:

Today I took Carter and Charleigh for pics. It was Carter's 3 yr pics, and Charleigh's 6 mos pics. They both did pretty good, and we got some really cute shots.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting with some local girls about starting a MOPs group at our church. I think it would be great if we had one, I'm just not sure I have what it takes to be part of the team starting it up or not.

The rest of the week seems open-ish, but I know that I will be cleaning and doing laundry on all of those days and still won't feel like I got anything accomplished. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 3:20pm
RANTS: I'm glad to say that there's not much to rant about this week!

RAVES: Went to a 1st bday party this weekend for a little girl who spent about half of her first year in a chilren's hospital and received a liver transplant to correct a birth defect. It was such an amazing experience to celebrate her first birthday. Seeing her happy and healthy (and home!) is incredible! We have another bday party this weekend. We met both these families during our birth class last summer. Boy have things changed in the last year!

Plans for the week: Got birthday presents for 2 birthdays coming up. Need to schedule LO's 1st bday pics since he's almost 11 mos. Have a play date today at the park, probably another on Thursday. 2 bday parties on Saturday. Not sure if we'll make both.

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 3:37pm
It definitely is BIRTHDAY SEASON for you guys!! WOW!!

And what a story about the little one with the liver transplant. Celebration worthy, indeed!!

Glad you've had a "rant free" week too. LOL
Photobucket