MAD MONDAY~9/26 Share your Rants & Raves!

Community Leader
MAD MONDAY~9/26 Share your Rants & Raves!
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 10:37am

RANTS:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 10:41am
RANTS:

1. This sweet, adorable baby has been waking 5-8 times a night lately just to use me as a human pacifier, and I am not happy about it!!! We've got to fix this FAST!!!

RAVES:

I had a family meeting this past week about some issues that were really bothering me, and I'm hoping this is a turn in the right direction for us all.

And my dh took me shopping for new clothes on Saturday cause he looked in my closet and realized how desperately I needed some!!

PLANS:

My ds#3~Carter~turns 3 on Thursday!! We've got a couple of things planned for him this week!! I happy and sad!! Don't know how he got so big so fast!! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 5:21pm

Rants:

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 5:24pm
Sorry to hear that "sweet, adorable baby" of your's is keeping you up at night. How old is she now? I know my own sweet, adorable baby decided to start that up when he was about 3 months old (right about the time he quit taking naps!) but he really got dedicated to it between 4 and 6 months. It was not fun. I hope your little girl snaps out of it soon!

Community Leader
Tue, 09-27-2011 - 10:23am
OH NO about your a/c!!! Ours did that in our ds#2's bedroom and it actually broke through the ceiling! :(

With you trying to sell the house, I'm betting the buyers will end up asking you to do it anyway after the inspection. UGH!!! Bad timing for sure! :(

Address books are over-rated. LOL How are you feeling about your baby turning 1. It's always fun, but sad for me too!

You are busy this week!! I'm actually in a wedding next week!! I'm nervous about it though. I'm still not confident in my post-baby body, and this baby is such a demanding little girl, I don't know how well she's going to do either.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 09-27-2011 - 10:24am
mandak78 wrote:
Sorry to hear that "sweet, adorable baby" of your's is keeping you up at night. How old is she now? I know my own sweet, adorable baby decided to start that up when he was about 3 months old (right about the time he quit taking naps!) but he really got dedicated to it between 4 and 6 months. It was not fun. I hope your little girl snaps out of it soon!

Oh my goodness, you nailed it!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 5:56pm
Oh you poor thing! I know just how you feel! It was kinda crazy with us though because he was actually sucking and drinking all night! He literally would not let go! As a result he weighed 28 pounds at 6 months!!! On the flip side, I'd lost 20 pounds myself! Its amazing what BFing a giant will do for you! That was when the dr was like "What is up with the two of you?!" After lots of reading and soul-searching and debating, DH and I decided that LO was never going to sleep if he was in bed with us, or even in the same room. So he got put in his crib, in his own room and after lots of tears for everyone involved, a few nights later he was sleeping like 2 hours, then 3 hours, then 6 hours at a stretch! It was the first time in about 4 months that I had slept longer than 1 hour at one time and I felt like a new woman! At 7.5 months, he slept though the night for 4 nights straight (6:30 pm-7:00 am) and I just about died from excitement! Of course he has not repeated such a performance in about 2 months now.

Well I guess DH got the AC fixed up as it hasn't leaked since but according to 2 roofers, pretty much the whole thing is f***ed and we're each gonna have to sell a kidney and half our livers to get it replaced. One roofer said we need to sue the previous owners for pulling the plastic wrap trick in the attic instead of fixing the freakin leak. We aren't that kind of people though and honestly, it's been 5 years so we probably wouldn't get anything out of them anyway.

I'm sure you look better than you think you do. Don't worry about it and have fun at the wedding! :)

Community Leader
Thu, 09-29-2011 - 9:40am
That's how my first baby was. He was 26 lbs at 6 mos old!! LOL He as in daycare during the day and would only drink about 1 oz out of his bottles while he was there, but then he'd be stuck to me for the rest of the night!!! LOL

I'm so sorry about the a/c!! I know how it is when stuff like that happen, and you have to have it fixed no matter if you have the money for it or not!! :(

I'm just ready to get the wedding over with. I hope I don't look too bad!! LOL
Photobucket