Met with my doctor for the first time

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-23-2009
Met with my doctor for the first time
2
Wed, 07-01-2009 - 5:31pm

He asked about my medical history and my previous births (2 c/s, 1 VBAC) and asked me if I wanted another C/S. I did, so he said we'll plan on doing a C/S. The only thing I'm still not certain about is... I think I would prefer to not schedule it but to wait until I go into labor naturally, but I don't know exactly how I feel about that. We'll see as the pregnancy progresses whether it's safe and advisable to schedule it earlier.


You know, with my previous pregnancies, I had very specific ideas about how I wanted everything to work out. With this pregnancy, I'd rather have a healthy mommy, a healthy baby, and everything else is irrelevant. I'm just not the least bit picky about anything else.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-18-2009
Mon, 07-06-2009 - 1:28am

At the end of the day, that's the only thing that has mattered. I had really STRONG feelings about what I wanted in my births (particularly my 1st) and ended up in a

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-23-2009
Tue, 07-07-2009 - 10:17am

I did move, and it's been six years since I was last pregnant! I've been just using Planned Parenthood for my women's health stuff--I don't normally use an actual OB/GYN unless I'm pregnant or postpartum.


I don't know whether this one will want to schedule it or let me go into labor, and I don't know yet what is going to be best. I basically told him that we could discuss that later on down the line when we see how things are going. Ideally, I would like to go into labor spontaneously and then have him do the C/S, just because that way I won't be too worried about having a preterm baby. But we have an ultrasound on Thursday to see what's going on--the doctor says I seem to be large-for-date, so he thinks that either my due date is off or else I'm having twins. If either of those is the case, that'll move my due date up. And of course, if anything goes wrong and a trial of labor could cause problems, I won't insist upon it. And if (as with my second) I go three weeks past my due date and have a rather large baby, I can't say I'd object to scheduling a C/S! I just want to wait until closer to time, until we know more about my condition and the baby's condition.


I am so sorry for your loss.