Repeat c section question...
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 07-22-2010 - 1:33pm|
As of right now, we have the choice of a VBAC or repeat c-section this time around. Lately I have been thinking more about doing the repeat c-section, still not totally sure though.
My question is for any of you who have had two or more c-sections - how was your recovery with the subsequent c-section(s)? Was the recovery easier, quicker, about the same, worse, etc???? What all can you share about your experience(s)? How was it recovering and taking care of another child (or children) as well? What made you decide to do a repeat c-section if you had a choice of a VBAC given to you?
My recovery from my first c-section wasn't the greatest as I didn't have a baby here to motivate me to get up and get moving, he was in the NICU for 3 weeks, so I will be honest, I didn't do much besides laying around; I got up to pump every 3 hours, to eat, to use the bathroom, etc. I'm sure that had an influence in my recovery from the c-section since I didn't do a lot of activity.. I was sad/depressed that my son wasn't home with us where he should be. I had the c section with our son after being induced at 35 weeks for my fluid starting to leak, never dilated, had some contractions, after 6-8 hours and no dilation the ob did an ultrasound and found he had turned breech at some point during the day. So because of everything going on the ob highly suggested a c section which we agreed to, we just wanted our little guy safe.
Right now I have a very low lying placenta, has moved up some as it had been a partial previa. So depending on that that might make the decision for us. But I've been leading towards a repeat just because of fear of delivery and something happening or having a repeat of what happened with our son. And also, I know it might sound bad, but convienece as we have no family close by - we have friends that would probably help with watching our son until my parents would get here (3-4 hours) but it'd be a matter of having a list of people and what times we could call them at, etc. But this is such a hard decision to make right now. I feel so torn between whether to try a vbac or do another c section.
Sorry for this getting long :)
I would love to hear anything any of you are willing to share :)