If you have had
welcome to the board, the decision to VBAC or repeat c is a very personal one, one only you can make. You should not feel pressured into one or the other. Only you know what risks are acceptable for you and what is an acceptable risk for one is not for another.
I personally waited till my due date to have my scheduled c-section, there was no sign of labour so we went ahead and had the c. Had I been in active labour I would have waited it out and had a trial of labour but I personally was not willing to wait past my due date.
The reason for not having a VBAC is quite often taken out of our hands, there are factors that will dictate if it is even an option for you. If you had a vertical or up and down incision on either the external or internal incisions the decision is out of your hands no one will allow you to attempt a VBAC.
You should also visit the VBAC board if you haven't already, you will find the other side of the coin over there and it is always to visit both sides to help you make up your own mind. Just remember NO ONE should feel pressure to make the choice, it is your choice and your hubbies/significant others.
Keep us posted and let us know if you have any specific questions....
I've had 3 C sections. The last was the only one that was scheduled. My second was a failed VBAC attempt. I decided to try for a VBAC because I wanted to have a number of children and knew that there were
Hi! Yes, you should visit the VBAC board also.
I had four c-sections. The first I was told not to have any more children, that my uterus was terribly deformed. But before I had the TL I found out I was pregnant! This baby was breech and there was no way, with the first dr report, that I could attempt a VBAC. However, the dr report was wrong and my uterus is ok. But I was told I couldn't have a VBAC after two sections so I had two more.
Now pregnant with #5 I started researching VBAC vs c-section and decided that for me and my situation, VBAC was the best thing. I particularly liked Birth After Cesarean which was written by an OBGYN.
Sarah, due any day now!
I have had three c-sections, the first was an unplanned/ emergency due to worsening pre-eclampsia & fetal distress.
Jamie...(Forever and Always Ryans Mommy)
...born sleeping February 18th 2009