TUESDAY TALK~10/18 Did you have any difficulties...

iVillage Member
TUESDAY TALK~10/18 Did you have any difficulties...
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 10:51am

during your pregnancy?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
During my first one, apart from some mild spotting at 7-9 weeks, no. Well, not until the end, when I was diagnosed with pre-e when I went into labor on my due date. With my second one, it was fine until about 29 weeks. I went into the hospital for very frequent BH contractions, which turned out to result from a UTI. In less than two weeks I was having real trouble with blood pressure, so I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension. That was upgraded a few weeks later to pre-e. It was touch and go from about 32 weeks until 34 weeks, when I got the flu. I think that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. F was born at 35w1d because my pre-e had got bad enough they were worried I was going to stroke out.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Thanks

iVillage Member
Technically yes, but I felt fine most of the time. I had spotting during weeks 4-7, which was a worry for me but my midwife assured me it was no big deal. I had high blood pressure beginning in the 2nd tri but it never affected how I felt. In the last trimester I got PUPPS, which if you've never heard of, its an itchy, red, bumpy rash that pregnant women get (not super common) in the 3rd tri and it goes away after the birth. It SUCKED! I was covered in it from my shoulders to my knees, with a sprinkling of it on my ankles.

Besides the PUPPS, I really really really LOVED being pregnant. My face wasn't covered in pimples (I actually glowed!), I put all the weight on in my belly, so the rest of me looked pretty thin in comparison! I didn't have real morning sickness, just a general aversion to foods in the evenings but it never made me throw up. I felt great besides being tired in the 1st tri. Even though I was HUGE at the end (I'm only 5'2") after gaining 30 lbs for a grand total of 185 pounds I never felt miserable. Just thinking about it makes me want to get pregnant again! I actually told DH just the other day that he needs to keep my knocked up cause I miss my pretty pregnant skin. :)

Manda :)

iVillage Member
I would have to say no, I could have stayed pg with DS forever, I was never uncomforatable(minor MS in ist tri), and only had swollen feet for the last week with him, DD was a bit "normal" i had pretty wicked MS in the 1st but felt great after that and until the last few weeks when it was just veryuncomfortable, she was low and it was just uncomfortable getting around but that was only the last few weeks. This pg seems to be the same a little more tired than the other 2 but I'm busier now with 2 kids running around, going to preschool, doing activites etc.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member

My first 2 pregnancies were fairly typical and easy enough.

Photobucket