Tuesday Talk~10/4 Did you walk or ride to the OR?

Community Leader
Tuesday Talk~10/4 Did you walk or ride to the OR?
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:46am

How did you get to the OR, and what was your feelings as your were on your way?

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:48am
I walked to the OR. I was in labor, but had not had anything other than an IV with antibiotics given to me yet. They put on hospital socks that have those no slip stuff on the bottom, and I remember it not being very comfortable to walk with. And of course, the nurse had to use a blanket to cover my behind so I wasn't exposed. LOL

I remember being very ready to get the show on the road, and kind of shocked at how close the OR was. I didn't get nervous until actually stepping in to the room, and of course that is when dh wasn't allowed to go with me.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I rode, as my hospital's policy is that you don't leave the bed while you're on mag. I think I was thinking that my IV pole was too tall and was bound to hit the top of a doorway. It certainly did, just before we got to the OR. Other than that, I think I was too numb/groggy to really think of much else.