TUESDAY TALK~11/1 Belly Bands-Yay or Nay?

iVillage Member
TUESDAY TALK~11/1 Belly Bands-Yay or Nay?
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 9:53am

Did you use a Belly Band after your c-section?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 12:41pm

I'm guessing you mean those that are like a girdle to hold in your gut. No, I didn't use one. My cousin had told me that she used her pregnancy belly band (the kind that hide your belly if your shirt crawls up or your pants are unbuttoned) and really liked it after she had the baby. I tried mine just to help hold my jeans up since I could get my old ones on but it hurt to button them. I was so sore after just a couple of hours that I never did it again. I went back to wearing my yoga pants and maternity jeans. My mom said (30 yrs ago) her dr recommended she use a girdle and that she liked it cause it held her belly in and it didn't jiggle around. I just couldn't take the pressure

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 5:02pm
Well it was sort of a belly band. One of the nurses gave me this girdle to wear to feel more "secure", and honestly it was very uncomfortable and I was told by another nurse the next day that it probably had a lot to do with my issues with gas pain and "going" after the section. so i didn't use it after DD and wow what a difference, totally skip it if you can.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 10:43am

I did use one.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 5:01pm
I was given an abdominal support after by last two cesareans. They automatically put it on me after the surgery. The first time, maybe it was just a little tight, but I felt like it was uncomfortable and only wore it 2 days. The second time I loved it. I was up walking around 8 hours after surgery with no pain, on ibprofen only for pain. I wore it for a couple weeks. My tummy looked great too. After three c/s I was not expecting anything pretty.