TUESDAY TALK~11/8 Will you have more kids?

iVillage Member
TUESDAY TALK~11/8 Will you have more kids?
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:49am

If so, when do you expect to start trying?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:56am
And of course, for a few of our members they are already expecting right now, but they can answer whether they intend for this baby to be their last or not.

My answer is I HOPE NOT!!! :)

I got a tubal during my c-section. However, at my annual gyno appt last week, my doc said something that kind of didn't sit well. He said, "So you're not on any b/c at all right now?"

And I looked at him (like he had 3 heads), and said, "You tied my tubes during the c-section?!"

And he replies, "Oh. Yeah. Hmmmmm..... Wonder why it's not listed in your chart!"

Oh my gosh!! LOL Seriously, dude, you need to KNOW that it was done cause on my side of the curtain I couldn't confirm or deny that type of thing!!

I'm sure it is just a paperwork error, cause I do remember during the delivery a nurse said, "So, are you done now that you have a girl?" And the doc said then, "She better be, I just tied her tubes!"

So I trust that what he said in that moment was more telling than what he said 8 mos later!! But still!! That is not something you want to have any doubts about!! I am DONE!!! Four is definitely my limit. I really had only planned on having 3 kids, and pushed my own personal comfort zone to 4. But, I don't want to ever be pregnant again, I don't want to ever go through another delivery, and I really don't think I can handle ANY more kids without seriously losing my mind!! So, I am done!!! LOL

But, you know what dh said about this... "Well, if we get a surprise later on, then I guess it was just meant to be." Ummm, it's not YOUR body getting the surprise!! I don't even like surprises!! So, NO, NO, NO!! No more babies for me!! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 10:54am
No more babies for me. I don't think my body could handle another pregnancy like the last one, and no baby deserves to go through it either.