Tuesday Talk~12/6 When was you first shower

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk~12/6 When was you first shower
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 10:06am

after your c-section?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 10:12am
She was born late Thursday evening, and I don't think I got the first shower until late Saturday. I had to be on pitocin for the first 12 hours post surgery, and then I had an IV port left in my arm to administer pain meds through the second day as well. So, I know I didn't shower until all that was removed.

It felt good to get clean, but this was a more painful day for me because once the last of the IV pain meds wore off I was a lot more uncomfortable, and to take the shower I had to remove the belly binder that I had been wearing, and the weight of my belly pulling down hurt too. But, it was nice to feel semi-human and do normal kind of stuff again.

However, it was such a LONG wait to get back into the bath. I could live in my bath tub, that is my all-time relief from all the stress and pains and such. So to have to wait 6 weeks to get back in my nice warm bath was awful!! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 3:33pm

My daughter was born on Saturday evening, and I think I took a shower Monday sometime. With her I was on magnesium sulfate until 24 hours after. It makes you very dizzy so it's hard to walk or even sit upright for too long. It was very nice to get a shower with her.

Francis was born on a Wednesday afternoon but I didn't get a shower for what seemed like ages. My long hair was as ratty as you could imagine. He was born unexpectedly at 35w so we hadn't had much of a bag packed. I didn't have shampoo or conditioner. The Friday after he was born, I gagged on a multivitamin and threw up spectacularly all over the bed. I showered then but couldn't wash my hair except to get it wet. I called my mom and asked her to bring stuff for me for the next day. She did, and I took a 25-minute shower. Then it took me 20 minutes to comb out all the rats' nests in my hair.