What would you do?
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 01-21-2009 - 9:18am|
Hi gals. I had a c-section in December 2007 after 48 hours of contractions, 12 hours on a Pitocin drip, a failed epidural after 1 1/2 hours of trying to get it & a big "mistake" made while I was on the drip telling me I was 7cm when I was really only 1 cm (don't ask me how that is possible).
Anyway, I am pregnant with number 2 & I have been really stressed out about what to do. Do I go for the repeat section (which means I won't be able to lift my 17 month old ds1 for about 6 weeks & will have to have my mother come & stay with me). Or...do I try for a VBAC & take the risk of receiving poor care again & feeling "victimized."
I know a VBAC is supposedly better for me but I am so scared of nurses & doctors not listening to me. I think if it was not for the recovery time & having a busy boy who will be 17 months, I would choose the section. I don't want to inconvenience my mother (even though she has agreed to come & stay with me as long as needed). I think about this while I lay in bed at night & it causes me anxiety. I see the Obs for the 1st time tomorrow (at 23 weeks) and I know the conversation is going to come up.
I know no one can make the decision for me. If you chose a repeat C...are you happy with your decision? I'm scared I don't have the fight in me to push for a VBAC & it would only work if everyone around me was super supportive.
Thanks for listening,