A Star is Born

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-20-2013
A Star is Born
Mon, 05-20-2013 - 5:28pm

Hello all. I originally had another login name but I lost the information Undecided. I was originally MamiMandi. Now I'm acdcjunkie. This is the story of the birth of my star...Syrius Phoenix Dyami Cooper.

I had been contracting since about 5:30 pm, January 8, 2012. The contractions weren't really regular, nor all that painful, but I kept track of them as best I could. My husband was due back in Hartford on the 10th to prepare for his driving test on the 12th. Since I was due on the 10th, I was a little nervous about him going back, but my contractions weren't really regular, and my little man hadn't started descending yet so I figured that he would be born after my husband got back. My husband went to Hartford (I went along for the ride) and I went home feeling slightly dejected. I ate something that had spices in it for dinner that night but I wasn't really focusing on my food. I went to bed early but couldn't sleep. I called my husband at 10:00 but he was in the shower so he called me back at 10:30. I talked to him for a half hour before I decided to try and get some sleep...at his request. Needless to say, sleep didn't come. Not until midnight did my eyes finally close and I drifted off.

I woke up at 3:18 am, feeling the pressing need to go to the bathroom. I sat up after a couple minutes and as soon as I swung my legs over the bed, my water broke. I didn't hear the characteristic 'pop' but I definitely felt the warmth gush out of me and into my yoga pants that I'd wore to bed. I leaned over and the first thing I thought was 'uh oh, there goes my plug'. I waited until it died down some, then went out into the dining room where one of the other tenants was asleep in a chair, the military channel playing on the television. I shook him a little and said,

"You need to go wake someone up, my water broke."

I called my husband at 3:30, after changing into my sleep pants. My ride wasn't about to go and get him at 3:30 in the morning, so he said he'd get here another way (it was a 45 minute drive from Hartford to where I live). My mother brought my bags out to the van, I called the hospital and we pulled in 3 minutes later (I live literally 3 minutes from the nearest hospital). I was admitted by 3:45 and relaxing. My mother was with me, my sister having to be somewhere important later on in the day. The clock hit 4:00 and my husband walked in, a big smile on his face. He had taken a cab, spending almost all of his license money to get here, having given the driver extra to get here faster. The pitocin was administered since I was only 2 centimeters dialated, and the waiting began.

Around 3:00 that afternoon, I couldn't take the pain anymore.

Will post more soon. Computer is dying.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-19-2008
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 10:25pm

I don't know how I have missed this since May!  I'm so sorry!  CONGRATS on your new baby!

I hope you will come back and finish your story.  You've got me on pins and needles now!  :)

Hope you guys are happy, healthy & doing well!!