anyone else vbac with low lying placenta
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 02-08-2010 - 12:24pm|
I am 32 weeks, due end of March and thinking about vbac.
My first was c/s I think due to a true knot in her umbilical cord and my uterus was not tolerating the pitocin. I labored for a while by myself and when they finally started pitocin I would have a contraction on top of contraction with no rest for my uterus and my DD was not tolerating it. And when the pitocin was stopped I still had contractions but they stalled I guess and I was stuck at 5-6 cm. Then I was talked into a c/s.
I have a new Dr. this time and he actually brought up the vbac discussion! I hadn't really thought about one since our original plan was to have only 2 but we may have more. Anyway he is all for it! He says that I am a great candidate and always brings it up during visits. I even had an ultrasound that showed I had a low lying placenta which he says puts me at risk for increased bleeding during labor and childbirth. And after all this he still insists that I am a good candidate for a vbac and is backing me up if I still decide to do one!!!!
The problem is that I am scared. Has anyone been through this before? I feel that I would do well and my body could handle it (My mom had 4 easy vaginal births, plus I am in really good shape-I ran a half marathon at 20 weeks)but I am also a nurse so you could say that I am not "blistfully unaware" of the risks of both sides. I have to also say that I had a really good recovery from my c/s and it was not that painful at all.
Any advice? Anyone had a c/s with a lowlying placenta?