Feeling Lost at 39.5 weeks

iVillage Member
Feeling Lost at 39.5 weeks
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 2:02pm

Hi,

I decided around 35 weeks to try for a VBA2C, after much encouragement from my midwife. She always said this whole pregnancy that "if I kept the baby in an anterior position, it would mostly likely be a success."

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 6:16pm
There are things you can to do flip baby back around. The only one I can think of right now is to get your partner to stand behind you. You cradle the bottom of your belly in your hands, fingers laced. He/she does the same from standing behind you, fingers laced, holding bottom of belly. You drop some of your weight so that your partner is holding some of your weight by holding your belly. The midwife who taught my Bradley class showed us that as one of the girls had a posterior baby. She said not to do it though unless you were already in labor or ready to be because it could really get things moving. I'm sure there are other little tricks out there. Keep your chin up!

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 6:19pm

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 11:51pm

Thank you for your ideas. I have never heard of the partner work before.

Community Leader
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 9:32am
Try sitting on a birthing ball. Bouncing on one helped me get my vbac baby in the correct position. Also, babies can be turned externally. Walking a lot helps too. Your chiropractor may be able to get your baby in a better position too. It sounds like your midwife has some ideas, too. You might want to hear what she.says before you jump ship. Let us know what your midwife says and what you decide to do.

Rose