Find a Conversation
|Tue, 12-08-2009 - 10:24pm|
I just wanted to introduce myself... I thought I posted her before but can't find my post so I guess I didn't. My name is Amanda and I am 20 weeks, 5 days pregnant with my little girl. I had a c/s with my son and will be going for a VBAC this time around.
With Landon, I wanted natural with no interventions, but we have to receive our care through the military for them to cover us so I didn't go to midwives or anything. I did accept an induction at 41 weeks despite knowing the consequences, but mentally I was done and didn't want to wait anymore. Things went really fast at first... I started at 2-3 cm dilated and went to 7 in no time at all. I got stuck at 7 for awhile, and finally made it to 9, but he wasn't dropping. He was posterior and his head was 37.5 cm, so really large. As it all stands, I don't think he would have dropped (he had a huge bruise on his head), but maybe if we had waited, we wouldn't have had to do the c/s. I had a hard recovery and really want to avoid that this time.
This time, we are using the same prenatal care as last time, through the military. They are pretty VBAC friendly, however... I'm told that most women who receive care here try for a VBAC and those that don't usually want their tubes tied at the same time. I remember the doctor who did my c/s told me I could try a VBAC next time, so I know they are pretty friendly for it.
I have hired a doula and my husband and I will be starting HypnoBirthing classes in January. We will be in the hospital setting, but I am optimistic... the doula has been able to quickly turn posterior babies in the past using spinning babies techniques, so if we end up with another sitation like Landon, I am thinking we should be able to remedy that.
So that's that. I won't know anything more for around 20 more weeks! :)