starting to freak out a little
Find a Conversation
|Sat, 01-30-2010 - 1:16pm|
So, I'm in the first trimester of my 3rd pregnancy. I've had 2 previous c-sections. The first due to the fact I had breech twins & pre e at 35 weeks..so no time for them to flip. My 2nd was scheduled to be a vbac, but the hospital changed policy in January 2008 (when I was 6 1/2 months along), and rather than changing doctors/hospitals, I just wussed out and went for the c-section. My son was in the NICU for 7 days as a result of this (fluid in lungs..on ventilator).
We've moved and are no longer close to a teaching hospital which will still allow vbacs. I was feeling "okay" with the 3rd c-section (since I want my tubes tied), but the more I think about it, the less okay I am. I tend to have big babies (my twins were each 5 1/2 lbs at 35 weeks, my son was 8lbs 12 oz at 38 weeks). I'm seeing a new doctor, one who believes in waiting until the last possible second before doing the c-section (won't schedule them before 39 weeks..is willing to wait even longer if I want) which is making me feel better, but I'm still wondering if I should vbac. I'm big boned, come from a huge family in which not one member has had a c-section except for me, so according to the midwife I saw 2 years ago, that's a good indication I'd probably be successful. (did I mention they all go natural childbirth too?) Of course, no one has had a baby bigger than 8lb 6oz either...and that was baby 3....
I'm not comfortable with home birth just because I'm fairly sure this baby will be big (probably at least 9 lbs), and I want to be in a hospital just in case. Has anyone vbac'd after no vaginal deliveries and 2 c-sections? Should I just give it up, and go on with the surgery? (Did I mention, I'm allergic to pain killers?) Any advice on how to proceed?
Wife to Kevin
Step-mom to Justin (11)
Mom to twins Grace and Isabelle (3)and Boyd (21months)