5/10 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
5/10 Coffee House Chat
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 1:35pm
How was your weekend? Mother's Day?
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 2:10pm

My weekend was busy. I had an eye appointment and finally got new glasses but spent 4 hours at lens crafters (luckily it was in the mall). I haven't had my eyes checked in about 5 years so my new prescription was a lot stronger. Our vision insurance was amazing. I picked out Versace frames and got the premium lens and they were over $500 and we paid less than half. I also splurged and got sun glasses. Spending over $400 on myself made me sick but I haven't had new glasses in years and I needed them so bad. my old frames were 10 yrs old and the lens were cracked... so that was my mother's day gift from my DH.

Mother's day was more stressful than it needed to be. the morning and early afternoon were great it was dinner that was a pain. I woke up and snuggled with my DD then her and daddy brought me my card and gift. I got a cheese grater and a lime green tupperware container. We went to my parents for brunch and hung out for the afternoon.

Now dinner was suppose to be my aunt and grandma at olive garden but come to find out grandma called like everyone in the family to meet them there and told them my aunt was paying. Fortunately we (us and my parents) were the only ones to agree to go. Well olive garden was slammed as expected so we went over to the Macaroni Grill. On the way mothers nutso sister and her boyfriend (thief and druggie) invited themselves to dinner. My aunt was not happy at all. I felt so bad for her because all she wanted to do was take my grandma out for dinner. luckily for me and my immediate family we had to sit at 2 separate tables so we ate by ourselves and paid our bill and left. What should have been an easy outing turned into a stressful evening. I think next time i will always just say "no thanks"

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 2:10pm

It was relaxing.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 8:41pm
Cool about the glasses, but YIKES about the family. I have a few, ahem, "colorful" family members, and any time people try to get together it's....interesting, so I understand how your feel.
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 8:47pm

"And can I vent a little about school?"
Yes...feel free! ;)

"Nursing school is intense. The dropout rate is obnoxious. And that's just got me kind of down right now."

I can imagine. it always scares me when people don't come back for our next session of classes.

"And then people wonder why I do NOT do study groups. I have no interest whatsoever in getting involved in the "drama" that nursing school can become."

One of my close friends is an LPN, and she always commented on the intensity and difficulty of nursing school. I have great respect for people who even attempt it! But I do think the drama aspect happens in most disciplines ;)