Friday 5/14 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
Friday 5/14 Coffee House Chat
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 7:40am

Its Friday! Check in here and let us know what you have planned for today!

What is on the agenda for the weekend?

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 7:53am

Its final final day (yes, my "final" final)

I am panicked. Like really, really panicked. Finished the review yesterday, didn't go well. There is a ton of stuff on there that wasn't on any of our homework. So a lot of it was "new" (we'd gone over it class, but never reinforced it, so I'd had no practice actually doing it) None of it was particularly hard if I had a bit more time, it was all stuff I COULD get, but there just isn't time.

I also have so many formulas to memorize its ridiculous. He doesn't give us any, I have 3 pages front and back of formulas, plus a huge chart of values for sin/cos/tan, etc. of key angles.

Not. good. at. all.

I need a 80% on this to get an A in the class. I don't know. After all the worry over chem (which may be an A) this may end up a B. Which stinks because its not HARD material like chem, and my teacher is great, it was just a time issue.

But then its over.

This weekend: Saturday, we're going for a training swim at the lake. Sunday morning a long bike ride. Sunday afternoon we are probably going to a little BBQ/get together at one dh's employees house. Dh usually has a rule about not socializing with people from work, but he's softening on that a bit (went mountain biking with another guy and we are probably going to his baby shower) So that might be fun, this guy actually lived and worked for dh in California too (small world I guess!)

Photobucket

belizesig1

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 12:01pm

This is my last day off before class starts on Monday. I got my book yesterday. Ugh. It has really small type and no pictures. Our other books have been pretty kid friendly - lots of children pictures, visuals, diagrams, etc. This looks like a medical text - Children with Disabilities.

Today I'm teaching JA for DS's class & trying to figure out a plan for the rest of my day. Tomorrow I'd like to do some gardening & DS has a baseball game. Sunday we will either work around the house or maybe take a day trip somewhere. It's gorgeous here today finally so hopefully it'll be a great weekend to be outside.

Stephanie

Mom to DD15, DD9 & DS7

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 2:00pm

Feels like forever since I posted on this board. The last two semesters have been brutal. Took on six classes this semester have not really even had time to breath, let alone do anything else.

Finals are finally over, two weeks off, then summer classes start. Glutten for punishment I guess you could say.

My son is marching in a parade tomorrow. He is the only symbol player, so I will know when he is playing. Going to be nearly 70 on Sunday, so hoping to get some yard work done on Sunday.

For now, I am trying to get my house cleaned. Been doing the usual stuff, so that someone enters the house, it is not cluttered, but with six courses, it is hard to try to do much else. I have already gotten quite a bit accomplished today and pretty proud of that, I must say.

Good day to you ladies and have a nice weekend.

Stephani

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 6:14pm
I slept in an extra 45 minutes. Watched a movie and then picked up CJ from school.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 10:53pm

My "official" internship starts in July, but I went to a training session today...nine hours in a room full of experienced mental health and addictions counselors. I expected to feel a bit intimidated and overwhelmed, but instead, it was very welcoming and I learned a great deal. Now I'm really excited about my internship! I will be co-leading (and eventually leading) smoking cessation groups for people with varying levels of mental illness. I will also get to do intakes and some individual counseling. While I'm nervous about managing work and school and the internship, I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.

The only problem was I got about 4 hours of sleep because my dad kept calling with various issues about real or perceived family crises...so I finally turned off the ringer on the phone and slept!

This weekend, I have to work and start research on a group project for my class...plus finish up some reading.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 8:23am
I'm glad the training session went well! Sounds like its going to be a great opportunity, glad you are excited about it!

Photobucket

belizesig1