Friday 5/21 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
Friday 5/21 Coffee House Chat
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:20am

Check in here and let us know what is on the agenda for today!

What are your plans for the weekend?

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:29am

Well, my day didn't start out well. I'm not sure if the dog might have eaten some bathroom cleaning products. Ugh. Ds is SO irresponsible with the garbage, he just throws the bag by the back door rather than into one of the cans. Then the dog gets into it. Then we have to worry about what he ate. This time there was a tube of toilet gel (the kind that you stick a blob to the rim of the toilet and it helps keep it clean for a week) that was just out and laying on the patio. Also a puddle of some kind of "goop", not sure what it was but when I rinsed it off it foamed up, so some type of cleaner. I have no idea if the dog got into them, licked them, etc. There was a napkin nearby too that looked like he chewed on it. So now I am watching, waiting and panicking. I would have thought he'd foam at the mouth right away? Or at least be acting sick by now (had to be around 2 hours ago) Dh thinks I am overreacting and was mad I even called to TELL him about it.

Original plan for today was to take a nap, clean the gameroom. Dh was coming home at lunch time, we were going to go out to lunch, then go for a lake swim before the kids get out of school.

The weekend:

Saturday - long run in the morning, baby shower in the afternoon for one of dh's coworkers. Co-ed shower, so we're both going.

Sunday - bike ride, start working on cleaning the guest room for when my dad comes in June to watch the kids while we are in Vegas.

Photobucket

belizesig1

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:08pm

"Or at least be acting sick by now (had to be around 2 hours ago) Dh thinks I am overreacting and was mad I even called to TELL him about it."

I don't think you're overreacting. You're just worried about your put. But you're right...if he seemed OK after a couple of hours, the dog is probably fine.

'...for when my dad comes in June to watch the kids while we are in Vegas."

That is SO awesome that you have family available to help so you can go away with your DH. It's nice to have time to re-charge without the kiddos. I've always wanted to go to Vegas. You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back.

FINALLY, but back seems to be in pretty decent condition after a couple of months of chiropractic treatment, and I've been able to jog a couple of days in a row with limited pain...I'm happy. But I will say, I've come to really enjoy yoga.

I had some classwork and errands to run today. Back to work tomorrow, but just for a half day because we're going to a renaissance fair tomorrow. I've never been and I'm very excited.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 7:36pm

Dog is still fine - so he probably didn't eat anything. Whew. But yeah, I worry. I swear sometimes I think this dog is the only thing that holds this family together!

Vegas is actually a work trip for dh (trade show) So he'll be in classes and walking the show floor all day while I try to keep myself amused. Then most nights we have business dinners with sales people that he buys stuff from. Its kind of cool though because they take us to super expensive restaurant, wine and dine us, and of course pick up the tab! Then we get to go out after wards on our own. We went in 2008 and it was pretty fun, not quite a fun as a "real" vacation though...but much, much cheaper since most everything is paid for!

Photobucket

belizesig1

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 7:50pm

That's awesome!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 8:27am

I definitely plan to go to Vegas sometime within the next couple of years. Occasionally, we get to go to NYC or some other city for the day for work for health fairs, and even though it's work, it's still fun doing something different ;)

I'm happy to hear about your dog! Pets really are part of the family.

One of my beasts ate a GLASS Christmas ornament last year...siighhh....