Monday 5/17 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
Monday 5/17 Coffee House Chat
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 8:24am

Its Monday!

Check in here and let us know what your plans are for the week!

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 8:35am

Weekend was good, just enjoyed hanging out, working out, etc. It was really nice yesterday to do both a 20 mile bike ride, plus a mile in the pool AND have to time to go over to one of dh's employee's house for a BBQ. And not be skipping school work to do it.

Today: Short run this morning (which is going to SUCK, too many margaritas at said BBQ yesterday), then an hour at the gym, then I'm going to go get lunch to bring up to dd at school. Promised her I would come eat lunch with her as soon as school was out.

After that is all done, the rest of the afternoon starts the big clean up. I know its going to take me at least a week to get it all done. I'm trying to just go one room at a time so I don't get over whelmed. Starting with the kitchen today. If I manage to get it all done, then maybe the living room. But there is a lot to do in the kitchen...clean the stove, pantry fridge, mop, etc.

Oh, trig final didn't go so well Friday night and I don't even care. I ended up with an A in chem, so if Trig is a B, so be it. He changed the syllabus AFTER the drop date (originally our grade was 30% midterm, 30% homework, 30% final, 10% attendance) Changed it to 50/50 final and midterm after drop date. Whatever, don't even care!!

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 9:41am
I am in the same boat - on break and trying to clean up this house!! I started last week but still have a ways to go. Spent the first day of my break getting living room and kitchen picked up and presentable. Painted my oldest son's room and need to paint my kitchen this week. Also have to shampoo the carpet in 2 bedrooms. Mt big project is to rip the carpet up in our living room, hallway. Then decided if we are going to refinish the hardwood under it or put some laminate down. I think today will be catch up on laundry day, or deep cleaning the kitchen - we'll see.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 1:22pm

sounds like we are all in the same cleaning boat per say!

the weekend was quiet. my dad came and took DD to the local zoo on saturday then he kept her all day. it was so nice to have a small break.

today it is raining again... i am getting tire it being in the 80's then it dropping to the 50's and raining. DD and I are going to make chocolate chip cookies and just veg out I suppose.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 2:22pm

Today is my 40th bday and I refuse to do any job work stuff. I may do a little reading for my class but I'm trying to enjoy taking a day off! I'm going to work out in a minute then get Chinese take out for dinner. DD made me a cheesecake for my bday dessert (my request) and we'll watch the Castle season finale. Not a truly exciting day but the best we can do w/my school schedule. lol

My first summer class started this morning. Out of 14 class days, 9 involve field trips to different city agencies. One research paper, one reflection paper and 4 take home tests, including the take home final. Other than the 2 papers, the take home test questions were already given to us. Those will be easy & I plan to start them tomorrow. Should be a fast 3 weeks!

Stephanie

Mom to DD15, DD9 & DS7

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 2:42pm
I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:34pm
This is finals week so I'll be studying.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com