TGIF 2/12 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
TGIF 2/12 Coffee House Chat
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:22am

Its Friday!!

Check in here and let us know what your plans are for today and the weekend ahead.

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:33am

So I'm totally not over my test grade. Drowning it in wine last night didn't work...just made me feel HORRIBLE this morning. Like really, really. I guess between the fact that its been two weeks since I've had any alcohol and just getting over being sick, I've got one of the worst hangovers I've had in a long time.

So today...well, homework, what else? Biology chapter to read, chem homework problems to do.

Still not sure what my plan is. We hit our first concept yesterday in chem that was new to me (not covered in into) and I was LOST. Like really, really LOST. No clue how to do it. I've done some searches on the net, and gotten some better info, and am close to understanding it now...but if this continues, my grades will only get worse. I got a 82 on a test where I understood all the concepts. But if I can't do well in this class, then my whole degree plan is out the window - no science, no geol, etc. My biggest doubts about going the science route is that I am not smart enough to compensate for the poor teachers I was bound to encounter. Now that fear is becoming reality, and this is still just a freshman level science class. Maybe I should just go back to the "easy" education degree? Its so much easier to compensate in those type of classes (arts, history, english, etc.) for a poor than it is in science or math. I've come to the conclusion that is main reason many people find science/math difficult, because its harder to TEACH, not harder learn (if you have the right teacher)

So the rest of the day...we're taking the kids to see The Lightening Thief tonight. My son and I have read the whole series and have been anxious for the movie to come out.

Tomorrow - volunteering all day at a high school science Olympiad competition for extra credit biology points.

Sunday - UGH! Our chem teacher is offering 10 extra credit points if we come listen to his resume writing workshop and turn in a resume. I'm pissed he is doing it on Valentines Day, but I NEED the points. Dh is mad I am ditching him for that.

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:26am

MichaelAnn- I wouldn't give up the science route yet.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:54am

Michael Ann - can you get a study group together? Is there someone you can talk to you about your plans & how Chem affects them? I know Chem is usually the one I hear gives people problems. I couldn't do it & that's when I switched out of my Bio degree.

Cheryl - that's a good plan & what I do to my kids too. If they want this, they have to do X.

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 11:39am

Sounds like lots of the go.

MichaelAnn - don't give up yet. We all have come across a class that is a lot harder than we expected. In the end with the laws of stats one test is not going to jeopardize things. I totally understand your frustration though