TGIF 4/23 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
TGIF 4/23 Coffee House Chat
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 7:15am

happy Friday!

Check in here and let us know what you have planned for today and the weekend ahead!

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 7:29am

Well, tomorrow is the day.

All my stuff is packed, hotel confirmation and maps printed out. We'll check dd out of school around lunch time and head to Galveston, pick up my race packet, check into the hotel, go to the mandatory athlete's meeting tonight....then TRY to sleep LOL.

Looks like a 30% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday morning. I've been really stressing out it, I was in tears yesterday. But I guess now, it will be what it will be. If there's lightening, they cancel the swim and replace it with a second run. Don't like that idea, but I'm going to try and suck it up and go with it if that happens. I'm mostly nervous about riding my bike in the rain, never done it, and I'm worried about sliding around, especially on corners. Yikes.

But if all goes well...tomorrow's schedule is: check in and set up gear @ 5am, race starts in waves @ 7am, my waves starts at 7:28am. Should be done with the race between 9-9:30 depending on the conditions. We have to stay until the last person finishes, then I can get back in to get my bike and we head home. Dd has a birthday party at 2pm, hopefully we'll make it.

Sunday - recovery day! Lots of biology and chem homework to do, so I'll be parked on the couch recovering doing homework.

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 3:04pm
Today I have to get some Math homework done, getting my hair done and CJ's hair cut.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 3:06pm
Good luck Michael Ann!! I'll be thinking about you!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 6:03pm
I know you won't see this in time but GOOD LUCK!! I'm sure you'll do great & hope the weather cooperates for you. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Stephanie

Mom to DD15, DD9 & DS7

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 4:35pm

Megan - sounds like a VERY busy weekend. I'd be looking forward to a break if I were you, too!

MichaelAnn - I hope the weather cooperated and your race went well.