iVillage Member
Thursday 02/04 Coffee Chat
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:55am

Good morning everyone !

What's up for today ?

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:15am

Thanks for posting this morning!

I was running late...the wind was really bad last night and the power went out, so all our clocks were off by two hours! Luckily dh realized it and everyone made it out the door on time, but it was more hectic than usual.

I'm still sick. I'm hoping that yesterday was the worst of it though, I feel a tad better today.

School from 11-6 today, still no gym. I'm getting really down about that. 2 weeks ago I would have said that I am the BEST shape I have EVER been in by far. Now I feel like I have lost so much ground.

Should be a interesting lab in bio today - protista identification.

That's about it.

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:31am

Morning Ann! What's up for you today?

Michael Ann - what is a protista???

Today I have music & social studies & have 2 quick 1 pg papers to write for each. We have to present games we created in music & I think I came up with a pretty good one.

Good news of the week - we got our first teaching English test back. I had about 10 multiple choice I went back to think over before answering but felt confident on the short answer & essays. So I was nervous it could go either way. I got a 99!

DD has started driving on her own a bit. Last night was her second time out alone to go to choir practice. She drove up on a dead deer in the road near the lake/park & was going around it when another live deer ran right across her path! Thankfully it ran & she didn't hit it because she said it just came out of nowhere & she didn't even have time to brake.

It's supposed to snow later today. Ugh. Can't wait for spring & a big thaw!

Stephanie

Mom to DD15, DD9 & DS7

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:39am

One of my girls is home with a cold and I feel like I may be getting one as well. DH is still away. My dd 10 lost a tooth last night. She is so cute - she wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking to give her $2 to a child in Haiti. I actually thought she did not believe, but maybe she pretends to get the $. Not sure, anyway she is sweet.

I have a little work to do and lots of stuff for the house.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:52am
Protista used to be the name of an old animal kingdom, but they actually don't recognize it anymore...protozoa maybe sounds more familiar? Usually unicelluar eukaryotes, things like algae, slime molds, amoebas, euglenozoa, etc. We'll have about 15 species we will have to look under a microscope and identify for our lab exam next week! Plus all the bacteria and archaea we did last week! Fun, fun!

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 11:07am

Stephanie, that's scary about the deer! Even the most experienced drivers can end up in an accident when one darts out into the rode....yikes. I'm glad nothing bad happened.

Yesterday and today were rough days. DS hurt the growth plate in his knees and hips playing football this year. His been going to physical therapy and has been doing modified weight lifting with the team off season, but he said he's just not able to do the work he needs without re-aggravating his knees...so the doctor told him it would be best to stop now and think about going back as a junior (he's a freshman now). So everyone around here feels really down. He's really not sure what to do activity-wise, though he has been enjoying work at the library and in the psychology club off season...but it's not the same. He doesn't know if he'll be able to make it back on the team as a junior after a year of, so no one's happy right now :(

Today, I'm doing class work and am bringing DS to physical therapy tonight. Tomorrow, I have my second chiropractic adjustment, and I am VERY excited because in addition to helping my back feel better (I have a couple of herniated discs in my back), it's really helped reduce my fatigue, too. I never expected that!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 11:22am

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Wednesday's are my BUSY day, I barely had time to take a shower!

Yesterday I had math from 8-915, then I was in the computer lab doing work for another class from 930-1045, then I had medical transciption from 11-215. I got home, took a shower, had something to eat, saw Madison for a bit and put her down for a nap. I did some math homework and then went back to class, medical coding, from 6-930pm, grabbed dinner on the way home, ate it at home and went to bed!

Today I don't have class until 6 so I plan to spend every second of the day I can with Madison and while she is napping do homework.