Wednesday 5/26 Coffee House Chat

iVillage Member
Wednesday 5/26 Coffee House Chat
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 8:13am

Its Wednesday! Check in here and let us know what you have planned today!

Photobucket

belizesig1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 8:20am

I'm not really sure what I am doing today. I was supposed to go for a run, but I think I might be over doing it. I took Monday off, but did a 1.5 hr bike ride and 40 min swim yesterday and was dead tired. Dh is sure I am going to get sick/injure myself if I don't take more rest days. My race is next Monday and I don't want to go into that feeling all beat up. So I should have plenty of rest before the race, but I just don't know when/how to start that. So I don't know.

If I don't go for a run, then I'll just do some light housework and hang out at home today.

Photobucket

belizesig1

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:10pm

"Dh is sure I am going to get sick/injure myself if I don't take more rest days."

Your DH is right. I overdid my training many moons ago and ended up with a lifelong back injury. Trust me, you do NOT want that. Be careful.

I have a TON of writing to do this week...we have about 12 pages worth of papers due next week alone, so I'm trying to get that done today and tomorrow. I remember when I used to agonize over five-page papers. Boy, grad school has sure changed my perspective on what constitutes a long paper....now, five pages is considered a "brief" writing assignment ;)

Today's out FIRST 80 degree day and let me tell you, the heat really kicked my rear this morning when I went for a jog. I think I'll stick with the treadmill tomorrow.

DH has to go to a work-related dinner tonight, so I'll just make dinner, chill out, and catch up on some reading....FUN reading tonight, not school work!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:24pm

Yeah - I know. After my 5 miler Saturday my knee hurt for the first time EVER when running. Did not like that feeling. So today I've already taken a nap LOL!

"catch up on some reading....FUN reading tonight, not school work!"

That's what I've been doing and LOVING it! Already finished 3 books since the semester ended!

Photobucket

belizesig1

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 2:17pm

I'm jealous of ya'll and your "fun" reading! I'm so over schoolwork but have 2 more take home tests and another presentation/paper. Then the unknown of 2 online classes at a different school & no idea what to expect on assignments.

Today I had class and it's the kids' early out day. DD has a dinner tonight that DH will take her to so I just plan on sandwiches for me & the kids. I should work out but I'm tired & not very motivated. I got my 2nd take home test done last night so I"m at least a little ahead of the game for tomorrow.

Stephanie

Mom to DD15, DD9 & DS7

Stephanie

Mom to DD16, DD10 & DS8

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:49pm

"I'm jealous of ya'll and your "fun" reading!"

You know, it's funny, I always feel guilty reading for pleasure when I have classes, because I feel like I should be reading textbooks instead! ;) But since our classes run year round with few short breaks, I now "permit" myself to read for enjoyment, which is one of my FAVORITE things to do.