Monday 11/5

iVillage Member
Monday 11/5
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 7:54am

Good Monday Morning!

It looks like everyone had a good weekend. Yay!! I wonder how Chris's trip to Branson went? I hope they all had fun.

What's on the agenda today?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 7:59am

Not too much happening here. Need to pick up the living room after the boys monopolized it this weekend. I need to figure out dinner and plan for it too b/c we have swim tonight and we are trying not to eat out. I know we will at least tomorrow night but hopefully that will be it for this week. We're trying but we are really bad-esp. when we don't get out of swim until 6:30 and by the time we get home and make dinner it's 7:30. That is very late for us as we usually eat about 5-5:30pm. Oops, I forgot to make Robbie's lunch...gotta do that!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:58am

Was a really looooooooong weekend.     Nothing spectacular happened.   My sectional showed up Friday.    We did some cleaning up, but no more on the redecorating stuff - so still need to paint, put up curtains, etc.    Our cable & internet were both out when we got home Thursday - they finally came out yesterday to get us fixed back up.   On the bright spot our granite countertops are suppose to be installed on Saturday.   They are saying it could take two days - I'm hoping not as I am about out of time. . as is John.    But we'll see how it goes.  

HA!  I forgot I'm not on FB I can make paragraphs.

Friday I finally took the time to split up the FE stuff by stateroom.    Man did I overbuy stuff.   In the end I was just stuffing more chocolate coins & tattoos into bags to get rid of them.    I also still have about 6 personalized disposable cameras.   I put them in the suitcase and thought I could maybe use them on board to hand out here and there.  We'll see.

I hope Hannah and Chris are having a wonderful time!!   

Dinner.   I never went grocery shopping over the weekend.  I made a list, checked it twice - but was too lazy to put clothes on and actually go to the store.    I need to stop on the way home today. . . .

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 1:38pm

Maybe you could give the cameras to your neighbors. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 3:01pm

Neighbors like at home?   LOL - I don't think so.   LOL

Yesterday John ran an errand early in the morning - and the girls & I were in our pajamas.   About 8:00 am-ish someone started banging on the front door.  I hoped if I ignored it they would leave.   They did. . just to come back a few minutes later, again banging on the door.  So I slipped on clothes over my pjs really fast and opened the door.  The man stood there and told me he was there to install our tile floors.   I told him he had the wrong house - looked to see his partner was unloading their truck in my driveway. . .he argued with me that they were in the right place, I insisted they were not - finally he showed me the paper work and I pointed to my neighbors and told him that was the house they were suppose to be at.

I was not happy about the way they scared my DDs by banging & then being argued with when I told them it was the wrong house.   I'm sure they told my neighbor I was a witch. . .although, that would not be news to him - since we already don't get along.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:05pm

Happy Monday,

Well we woke up to a huge chinook wind - they are very strong and although they feel really cold, they are a warm wind that melts snow like nobodys business.  So, the roads in our park were a huge sheet of ice but once on the main road, it was all good.  And when I got home from work, our deck has almost no snow left on it.  A huge difference from a week ago.

Not much going on today.  I went to work and then came home and had lunch, then a nap to rest my neck.  At least it is doing much better.  I can actually almost totally shoulder check now.  Woo hooo!  Lyndon is still at work and I hope to hear soon that he is on the way home. 

I need to be working on our budget but, thought I'd stop in here first Smile

Kim, I hope you had a good day.  Housework is a never ending task.  Even with only having Chloe home, it is never ending.  Hope swimming went well.  I would love it if we could have 5:30 suppers.  Ours tend to be 7:00 to as late as 8:30 through the week.  On the weekends we enjoy having an earlier meal.

Deb, that was so rude of those tile installers.  UGH!  It's nice to be getting things done for your trip though Smile  I am excited for you guys.  And for Kim too...Thanksgiving at the beach - couldn't even imagine it.  LOL LOL  I sure hope those counters only take one day to install.  They are going to look georgeous!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 7:35am

No, I meant neighbors on the ship. That would be way more fun than giving them to your neighbors at home. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 7:37am

Mary, I'm glad to hear that your neck is feeling better! :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 7:40am

Mary, i'm thankful you are feeling better.  

Kim - well neighbors on the ship makes much more sense.  Sealed   I did pack the extra cameras. . .so ya never know.