Dallas Trip New Years 2010-Part 1

iVillage Member
Dallas Trip New Years 2010-Part 1
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 5:33pm

I thought I would do a mini report and basically share some pics. :)

Here is the rundown on the weekend-

Thurs 30th.

I worked from 5-8:30am and came home to pack the Envoy. Sean was able to get into his physical therapy appt. early so we were able to get out of town about 30 minutes earlier than I was hoping. We made it to Dallas by lunchtime so instead of going to Pappadeaux for dinner, we went for lunch, which was good, b/c it was cheaper at lunch and still expensive. BUT, we loved it! We all loved the look and feel of the place (it reminded me of PO French Quarter) and the food was sooooo good. We had an awesome waiter too so that helped in our happiness. We all agreed that it was a place we'd like to return to when we head back to the Dallas area.

After lunch we headed to the hotel to check in. We found it and checked in with no problems. It was a nice hotel with the.most.comfortable.beds.ever. We were going to look and see what type of mattress it was b/c it was the soooo comfortable but we forgot to. I'm going to hit up their website to try to find out info on them b/c we are due for a new mattress and I LOVED those.

We decided that we weren't too hungry for dinner and Adam had forgotten his swimsuit-one of them was bound to do that weren't they?? So we headed to the mall and bought him a suit and then headed to ICE! We got there in plenty of time to get down to the Will Call and get my VIP passes. I had no problems with that and we had a 1/2 an hour to wait until our FP's were valid but we decided to see if they would let us through and bingo!, they did. :) So we skipped allllll the people waiting (it was sold out that night so a HUGE line-loved those FP's) and went to get our Smurf-like blue parkas and headed through the back straight to the front of the line and into the COLD ICE! exhibit. We enjoyed it this year as much as last and Adam and Sean really thought it was neat since it was the first time they had seen it.

More pics in the next installment...

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 5:52pm
Kim, those pics are just awesome! As far as I know, they don't do anything like this around here. Maybe because most of us northerners wouldn't pay to see snow or ice when we could just look outside, LOL. But it does look really neat. So glad to hear you all had a great time.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 6:08pm

Nice start Kim!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:29am

Love the pics the ice is so colorful I keep forgeting its ice!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:23pm
Well, personally, I'd love to see ice, but I could easily skip the snow. I think ice sculptures are amazing.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 5:28pm
O. M. G. I am absolutely loving the Peanuts theme, <3 <3 <3!

In peace,
Max