2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 2:21pm

Hmm, that is a point I had not thought of at all.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 4:33pm

I wouldn't want to leave David behind but I also wouldn't want to send Robbie off with him without me so I'd be stuck. LOL Both David and I are strong swimmers and if Adam was with us I think I would task David with Adam as he isn't as strong a swimmer and hey, David is USMC-the man can swim and knows water rescue. I feel like I would be strong enough and level headed enough to make sure Robbie and I made it and David is strong enough and skilled enough to make sure he and Adam both made it. Well, looking at the Concordia as my example that is as they were fairly close to shore.

In my family David makes all the money but I provide everything else. LOL Ok, not really but I am the one they talk to, I keep the house running, make sure they have clothes and shoes that fit, make sure they are fed every day, etc. I think my boys would have a hard time without either one of us.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 5:02pm
Yes, that is what I would feel like too. I am the one who buys the clothes and groceries and make sure they are where they are supposed to be for events, activities, etc. If it were up to Brian, neither of the kids would belong to a single group or do a single activity. He just doesn't care that much about that stuff.

I am a terrible swimmer so I'd probably drown anyway but if I made it onto the life boat, I'd probably be ok.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:38am

I too think Mario would push women and children first and I would have to stick with the kids cause Im the stronger swimmer than Mario, he can barely keep himself afloat, so I would have to stay with the kids, but I wouldnt wanna leave him behind, it really is tough to say what you would do without actually being there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 8:28am

Max, your ticker says FOUR days!!! Are you ready? When do you sail?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 7:55am

Well Deb, I have another bee in my bonnnet and this time it's name is Jewel. I have become obsessed with sailing the Jewel out of New Orleans for Thanksgiving 2013. It's my latest dream. LOL I have been looking at the ship & I love that it has the Nick on there. I will be so interested to hear what you think of it for your Alaska cruise. :) It all depends on what is going on in life if a cruise will even be a reality but for now, that is my current dream. LOL

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 8:14am

I didn't realize it was moving to New Orleans.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 8:17am

Okay, I went to NCL's website and saw where the Jewel is going.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 8:27am

I like that it is out of NO-so much closer for us than FL plus I like the ship and the itinerary. David would just have to try it and see if he likes it. I was on a CCL ship a looong time ago that would be considered too small to sail these days and I loved it so I know I would be fine with it. None of us had issues with seasickness so I don't think that would factor in either. I see no reason why he wouldn't like it. It's one of the better lines for us to sail b/c it's more relaxed-like us. :) I think he would have a good time-I think we all would. Now to see what happens with life to see if it can even be an option.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 8:42am

A nice thing about NCL (to me) is that they are always having 50% deposit and OBC sales.

Pages