2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:56pm

CCL frustrates me with the checking in/out thing b/c they have activities that kids are excluded from if they can't check themselves out. That is frustrating to me. I wish they wouldn't do that-sets both the kids and the parents up for issues.

I worry more about Adam doing something dumb due to peer pressure than anything else. Robbie is nervous about being without us so I can't see him going anywhere or doing anything even if he could check himself in/out. I think he'd be too nervous to leave. Once we are on the ship and he knows his way to/from the room to camp carnival I can see him going to the cabin if he tired of the club but I can't see him wandering the ship in search of us. It just so makes me wish all the ships had the wave phones like DCL. When the kids are older it's a great way to keep in touch and know where they are. *sigh*

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 1:25pm

I feel unsafe on all the ships where the kids are concerned.   I remember reading about a passenger  on the DCL Wonder assaulting a girl a few years ago.   No matter how well the cruise lines screen their employees, people can slip through on both the employment side & passenger side.     I do not want my kids to check themselves out of the clubs.  Especially on one of the mega sized ships.  Just seems sooooo big & easy to lose a child to me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:51pm

Yea, probably stupidly, I felt like they were safer on DCL. I actually don't feel as nervous about NCL either, it's just CCL's reputation I guess. I need to get over it but really, even if we sailed DCL again, I would be more "on top" of where Adam is. Last time he just got to run off and do whatever-not gonna be like that again-on any line.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:31pm

Is that because you felt the kids were safer on a DCL cruise than another line?

I am looking forward to hearing about the CCL Magic - so I'm glad you are stuck.  :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:15pm

I debated but booked Early Saver b/c it's the cheapest. If I hadn't, I think I would have cancelled it so I am kind of glad for Early Saver. :smileywink:

Robbie will love it and I think Adam will too. I am a tad more worried about them being off alone on this ship but I think it will be fine. Just gotta lay down a few more rules than they had with DCL. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:39am

The CCL Magic looks like an amazing ship, I can't imagine being disappointed - and Robbie will LOVE those slides.  

I don't know why, but I had thought you said you didn't book early saver because you didnt' want to lose $ if something came up.    Like meeeeeeeeee.   

That was a cute video.   :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:20am

I DID book Early Saver. That's how we ended up in a spa balcony- "free" upgrades from price reductions. If I had some extra money I would book the DCL and sail that in Jan/Feb and move CCL to next Fall-but I don't have any extra money. So we WILL be going on the CCL Magic. I don't know that I could give it up right now anyway-I'm too excited about it. :smileyhappy: I just hate that DCL offers up these great deals and I can't take advantage of them. Oh well, there will come a time when I can hopefully. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:01am

I don't know.  Does the DCL w/KSF come in cheaper than the CCL Magic?   You didn't book early saver, so it's not like you would miss out.   It would be what is more important - the Mouse or the larger/newer ship.     You weren't wild about Jamaica, so the DCL ship would be a better itinerary for you wouldn't it?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:36am

I was on CC and looked at a thread about bringing kids on a NYE cruise. This family made a video that is one of the cutest I have seen. They cruised over NYE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uKytJZGeKk&feature=youtu.be

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:23am

I loved that! Thanks for sharing!

I see you saw the latest DCL offer I posted on FB. MAN! I wanna go!!! Wonder if I can book that DCL for Jan/Feb then move CCL to Thanksgiving? LOL I better not huh? What a great deal though. I just priced it for a client and it was $1826 for an interior for a 6 night cruise. For Disney, that is an amazing deal!

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages