2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:18am

I had not heard about the VIP thing until you posted it on FB.   I do plan to make it over to cc to read.  I know it's tacky, but sometimes I like to read those threads. . .people can be entertaining.  :smileyhappy:   I can't say I blame them for not liking it.  However, I'd pay it if it's offered.

I think I am going to leave the Christmas 2013 Carnival Magic alone.   It's hard.    As I really would like to see new places each year - but, not flying has it's own appeal.   Not to mention the ship itself and being Christmas.    My 2nd choice at the moment would be the CCL Breeze over New Years.   It is a 6 night cruise (Sunday - Saturday), out of Miami to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau.   But when I price it it comes out about the same as our 7 night out of Galveston due to the airfare/hotel, etc.    I just get impatient, I want to do it all. . . now.  LOL

Hi, my name is Deb and I'm a vacation junkie.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:56am

I can see cruising out of Galveston to be especially appealing to you b/c when you get off the ship, you're almost home. It's appealing to me and I still have to drive 9 hours-but only 9 hours-not 2 days, like from FL. I want to try cruising out of N.O. too b/c my IL's aren't far so we could head there and see them before and after the cruise. I love that there are those choices-and CCL has been asking people about Mobile, AL so I think they are considering sailing from there again-which would add one more port for us to drive to. :smileyhappy:

Yea, I understand why those that have spent much time and money to get the perks would be upset that they are being "sold to the highest bidder" but for me, a new CCL cruiser, I love it. :smileywink:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 10:24am

I am part of a group of military wives that met on iV but moved to FB and the post of the day today was on what you wished for. This was my answer and I think everyone after me has agreed that they would like to join me. :smileywink:

" I wish I was on the adults only deck of a beautiful cruise ship with a drink of the day in my hand over looking dolphins swimming with the ship as we head to a tropical beach with handsome waiters to keep bringing me drinks. :smileyhappy:"

I don't drink much on land but somehow, those DOD's taste so much better on a ship and I do get them when we sail. I love when you walk on and the waiters are there with trays of DOD's and you can grab one and start your vacation. Ahhhhh....

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 10:28am

Sign me up for that dream!  :smileyvery-happy:     I drink two if by land, three if by sea.  :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 12:21pm

Okay, I just amused myself.

I was playing with Princess cruises to Alaska, thinking about 2014.   I found a suite I think would work - but it says "partially obstructed view", so I googled hoping to find pics.   You know what I found???

I found a post on cc where I mentioned having this stateroom booked for 2012 and wanting to see pics.  LOL.  So I had this exact stateroom/ship booked for this year and then switched to the Jewel.   I remember having booked Princess and then switching to the Jewel, but I forgot what ship, etc.   Seems I'm still attracted to that one, huh?  :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:22pm

LOL That's funny, and something I would do. :smileywink:

I guess that means you need a cruise on Princess with that ship and cabin huh?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:30pm

I must.  It's like a magnet!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 5:17pm

Ok Deb, I am DYING over here. Seriously. One of the cruises I would like to do is a Halloween cruise and today, Disney released TA specials and all we need is a copy our TA's CLIA certification and a letter from the owner giving us permission to go and we can cruise out of Galveston on the Magic for $912 on a 7-night Western Caribbean. Oh and gratuity is included. What date is one of the sailing? Oct 27th. This is KILLING me b/c I can't go, I just can't. The boys are missing a week of school when Mitt graduates, 2 days at Thanksgiving and then another week in January. they just don't have the days to take off and we can't cancel any of those plans. It is killing me not to take advantage of it. It really is.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 7:05pm
Oh my! Wow! That would KILL me! No wiggling to go at all?

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 7:41pm

I am actually thinking of asking my Mom if she would want to go with me. It's $25/pp-pn so $175 then $53 tax/port charges. That is nothing at all. I would have to see if I could get a letter from the owner but I think she would. Also, gratuities are NOT included but again, not a big deal for one person($84). I'd go on the Sept. 22 sailing if we could work it out. Would have to check and make sure David wasn't going to be out of town. I really want to go.

If I could pull the boys from school I would do it but they are missing 3 days for Mitts graduation in Oct, 2 days for Thanksgiving in Nov, and 5 days for the CCL cruise in Jan. They are only allowed 10 days out for any reason per semester so if we went on the DCL cruise they could not miss any days at all in the Fall and I worry too much about them getting sick and then us getting in trouble for it. It would be nice but I just can't do it this Fall. :smileysad:

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages