2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 2:45pm

I think it looks cool.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:04pm

I saw these and they are SOOOOO cool! I can't imagine a kid who wouldn't want to go on this. I just wish it wasn't out of NYC. Blah.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:08pm
Wow, that is AMAZING!!! Are you going???? Can I fit in your luggage?
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:13pm

Well, I know I've said this before - the idea of sailing by the Statue of Liberty is appealing to me. . .but that's about it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:16pm

LOL Chris.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:19pm
I'd love to go back to NYC. I would spend HOURS at the Met! Plus, I didn't really get to do much at Central Park, so I'd do that. Ride one of those double decker buses. Go to Ground Zero and pay respects. See a broadway show. Hit the giant FAO Schwartz store. I think I could come up with enough to fill a two week vacation just there! LOL!
iVillage Member
Re: 2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 2:34pm

Well, then we are snobby too-esp. David b/c he would really enjoy that stuff. I would too and I would really enjoy the "special treatment". Honestly, the special boarding and the "perks" that go along with the suite are one of the things that I would be so excited to tell David about b/c he would be excited about them. So, if you are snobby, we are snobby too. We'll all be suite snobs together. :smileywink: LOL

Yea, Robbie was SCARED of the fish, the ocean, and especially the rays. The boy literally crawled on my back to get out of the water. I ended up having to take him to the shore while everyone else snorkled. I was hoping that David would tag team with me so I could snorkel too but that didn't happen. I missed out on most of it. So if we go with the boys, I need to find a place or a way to be able to snorkel while Robbie stays on shore or something. I don't know. That's why I say that if snorkeling is important we need to go without the boys.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Re: 2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:58am

Okay Miss Cruise Ship expert.   If you were playing with ideas - and something that you think you wanted was reachable via the Celebrity Equinox or the Coral Princess. . .which would you pick?

They both look like pretty ships to me, but when you read anything Celebrity - it just sounds sooooooo soothing.    Fancy maybe, but pampering.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:16am

I gotta say, I'd go with Celebrity. But, I have to tell you I say that b/c Celebrity has become my new "someday, it's on my bucket list" line. I really, really want to try them and I don't feel that way about Princess so I would, naturally, go straight to Celebrity. I love the look of their ships. :smileyhappy:

I'm not familiar with either ship...but now I have to go look. :smileywink:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:44am

Ok, here is something that strikes me after just looking at what they cruise lines themselves put out to promote both of those ships. Princess seems to be a bit more "grey". Not that I'm sure there aren't plenty of younger people and families on board but even in their advertisement and pics of the ship they tend to show quite a bit of grey. :smileywink: Celebrity looks "posh" but younger. I don't think either of these would be a "hoppin', happenin', 'fun ship'" but I think-just judging on the pics and video the lines put out there-that Celebrity looks "younger". Celebrity kids club looks like it gets some very high marks too (although I think Princess does too?).

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages