2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 10:20am

I'll have to go on cc and read member reviews of both.    It's a long range thought.    john mentioned wanting to go back to Alaska after Europe, but I got to thinking I haven't gotten my Panama Cruise rescheduled.   So i asked if I could get "my" cruise first.   He agreed.   What I want is Colon, Panama & Limon Costa Rica. . . .both Princess goes there with a partial through the canal. . .and Celebrity goes there as part of a Caribbean cruise, not through the canal lockes.    Both appeal to me destination wise.   

John and I are pretty gray.  LOL.    

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 11:09pm
Deb, I hope you all have a wonderful time on your trip. I've been thinking about you guys and I am crossing my fingers you get to do the plane ride this time!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 11:12pm

Thanks Chris!

Okay, why do husbands wait until the last minute?  The M&Ms and I have been pretty much packed for weeks. . .when does JOhn start. . .like. . now.   He asked me where his extra pair of glasses were. . .hello, I've not seen them since our last family vacation in November.   How would I know where he put them?   But he waits until now to start looking for them?   And he wonders why I stress on the last day.  LOL.  Butthead.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 9:10am

That's what David does to me too. It's frustrating to us uber planners who are packed and ready to go a week (or more) ahead of time. :smileyhappy:

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!! I will be watching your ship head out tomorrow. Yay!! Enjoy every bit of it!!!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:42pm

OK, I was on this other forum and someone posted a thread about water pictures for everyone to share. There were some stunningly beautiful photos in the thread and someone posted this picture-of the view out thier Riviera Deck Oceanview stateroom last Nov on the Carnival Pride.

Photobucket

In case you aren't familiar with what he SHOULD be seeing out that window it would be something similar to this (although this has an obstructed view)

Photobucket

There was a big storm they were caught in and he said every few minutes these swells would cover their window and they had an underwater view. EEK!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 12:47pm

I'm bummed. My roll call that was seeming so nice at first has completely lost any appeal to me and I just backed out of their meet & greet. It started out with some pretty cool people and they were planning a meet which I thought was cool. Then some more people joined and they decided on a cocktail party for $11.50/pp which was not what I wanted to do but they were also talking about a separate get together also. Then they dropped all meets except the cocktail party which annoyed me b/c we don't drink enough to use $23 worth of alcohol in an hour so we felt like we were subsidizing someone elses drinkfest-which was annoying but we were still going to join b/c they were planning some fun things like a silent auction of Carnival goodies and we wanted to meet everyone b/c they seemed like a fun group. THEN, some more people joined and someone suggested they up the cocktail party to two hours and make it the premium party which means more alcoholic choices but now $14pp. Well, that was it for us, we backed out when that was the decision b/c for two people who don't really drink to pay $30/hour was just too much. So now, I guess I can look at the positive in that I don't have to be anywhere at any time-no commitments.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 1:02pm

Deb-Did you see the itinerary change for the Magic heading out today? This should have been a Cozumel, Jamacia, Grand Cayman itinerary. They still don't know which itinerary they are going to use.

CARNIVAL MAGIC – 8/5/12 departure

We are sorry to say that due to the storm’s path we will not be able to keep the original itinerary. Below are the two itinerary options depending on the future path of the storm.   The Carnival Magic will sail from Galveston today and a decision will be made on Monday to proceed with option 1 or 2. 

Option 1                                                                                Option 2

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Sun

GALVESTON, TX

8:00 AM

4:00 PM

Sun

GALVESTON, TX

4:00PM

Mon

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Mon

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Tue

COZUMEL

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

Tue

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Wed

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

5:00 PM

Wed

FREEPORT

5:00PM

Thu

NASSAU, BAHAMAS

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

Thu

NASSAU, BAHAMAS

7:00 AM

5:00PM

Fri

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Fri

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Sat

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Sat

"FUN DAY" AT SEA

At Sea

At Sea

Sun

GALVESTON, TX

Sun

GALVESTON, TX

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 2:02pm

You know this was the first cruise where there was no one we were set up to meet - and I kind of liked it.  As you mentioned, no particular place to be at a certain time to meet people you don't really know.   We still met people & had fun along the way, but no pressure of a meet & greet group.   

I had not seen that notice, but did watch the news this morning and got caught up on the storms heading that way.   I guess it is hard to know as the path is not for sure yet.    I hope they all have a good time regardless.   Luckily for us (your family & mine) we are going out during non hurricane season on the Magic.  Although we could still encounter fog.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 2:42pm

If we encounter fog I hope it's that fog rolls in after we are on the ship and we have to stay in port longer (but still on the ship!) or that it's there when we return and we have to have our cruise extended by a day (darn, wouldn't that be terrible? :smileyvery-happy: As long as my time on the ship isn't cut, I'm happy. Ports-well, I'm not horribly excited over any of them and I think Jamacia is up first so if we miss it, I will not mind. :smileyhappy: 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 2:45pm

See there, it's good there are so many cruise ports/choices.   I'm looking forward to Jamaica again.   We met a bartender this week from Jamaica, actually from Ocho Rios - he and John chatted a while, as John told him his dunebuggy stories.    

Oh, Candice called me last night.   No cruise for them - they are taking the money afterall.   :smileysad:   

Pages