2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:52pm

Something to keep in mind-check DCL-and if you like the cruises, check when you are onboard in a few months b/c you will get a discount for booking onboard. Maybe you can do a Dream/Vero Beach resort/Winter visit trip?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:05pm

How short a cruise is too short for you? Would you sail a 4 night? If so, the CCL Legend (Spirit class) is sailing from Tampa the Wed before Thanksgiving and goes to Cozumel. If you wanted something inexpensive-you could get away with a pretty inexpensive cruise for Thanksgiving. Just a thought...

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:16pm

I liked Cozumel, but I don't think I'd choose a cruise that only went to Cozumel.   Would I sound crazy if I said I think 5 nights would be my minimum?     I think by the time you fly, unpack, etc. - 3 or 4 days doesn't seem long enough to relax.    I mean, my family seems to sleep a lot the first couple of days so they don't feel vacationy.    Granted, that is my darn family adjusting to the time change - but it sure makes it feel like our vacation doesn't really start until day 3 or 4.

I need to go look at Port Canaveral and Tampa again, like you suggested.   Hmmm, it's not that I don't know what I want, it's that I don't know what I want most.  LOL

Another option, is to switch my CCL Magic 2013 booking to a CCL  2014 Summer Alaska, and then book something new for fall 2013 - I could maybe get away with an Epic then.   HA!   John would do the Epic for the nude beach in St. Maarten.  LOL

I need to go read some reviews of the CCL Alaska route, etc.   It seemed to me I never did that one because it went from Tuesday - Tuesday or something. . .day care is paid by the week, not day - so that kinda sucked.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:39pm

I peeked at July 2013 Alaska and it looks like the Miracle is sailing there. I would LOVE to try that ship! It's a Spirit class ship and the newest in the catagory. BUT-it is Tues to Tues-which is weird. What kind of daycare are you looking for? Camp Carnival is free and I just discovered they do these parties a couple times a week where they stay until 3am. There is a small fee but they get a little stuffed owl (it's a night owl party :smileywink:) and the counselors will walk each child back to their cabin at the end of the party so the parents don't have to go get them.

I think the Tues to Tues is weird though.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:48pm

Why not move CCL Magic 2013 to CCL Magic 2014-same time? Or were you thinking of a different ship/time for 2014?

Then you could just book a new 2013 Fall and maybe a nice priced 2014 summer?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 6:50pm

The CCL Magic 2014 isn't out yet.  So I'm not sure if I would want Christmas or Thanksgiving.   But yes, I can do that.  :smileyhappy:  

By daycare I meant summer care at home.    The Day camp the girls go to during the summer is paid by the week.  So if they go one day only, you still pay for the whole week.    I guess it's not too bad. . .the week we would get home (if we did Carnival Alaska) I would pay for 5 days, and they would only use 3 days, so I'm overpaying by 2 days.   Not great, but not horrible.   John would be tickled to death going back to Alaska no matter what cruise line it was.

I just need to make up my mind what would be most special to the M&Ms.   Seeing Winter in person. . . .getting back to Ocho Rios (which they asked for), or something else.   They simply told me if Ethan & Aiden were not going, they would like a surprise trip for their 10th.    Course, John and I instantly think "cruise" at this point.

:smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 7:10pm

I love your new siggy!!!

I agree-I think cruise too. :smileyhappy: I am just bitten. *sigh* I have been looking at another short cruise for Robbie, David and I next summer. Just a quick pop out and back-3/4 days-since there will be no other kiddos, it seems like a good time to do it. I'm also looking at the first week in Jan 2014 with all of us except Mitt (not sure where he will be). Oh yea, and Halloween 2013/4, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years 2014. Oh yea, and Spring Break 2014. LMAO Aren't I hopeless? I just wanna cruise......

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 7:53pm

I forgot to respond to the day care but Ahhhhh, I get it now. :smileyhappy: I do think the Tues to Tues is a really odd cruise time. Oh well-it's still Alaska. :smileyhappy: 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:02pm

I'm as bitten I guess.    The CCL Breeze has a NY Eve cruise in 2013 I'd love.  

Okay. . .if I were smart (ha ha ha ha) I'd just leave this alone.  Afterall, you may come home in January and say "Debra, this ship is worth sailing on twice even if it's the same ports".   So, while I"m not that smart. . .I do realize I should not change things around to accomodate Candice.   I already did that a couple of times for next year, and she is still not going.

So. . .breath Debra. . . .breath. . .and just plan on leaving it as is. . . . .The Breeze will still be there in 2014. . .Grand Turk and all.

The woman who started the roll call group for the 2013 Christmas CCL Magic cruise claims once I sail at Christmas, it will be the only time I'll want to go.  :smileyhappy:    She may be right, but you can't sail Alaska in December - so. . . .I think we'll bend.  :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:41pm

So you're going Christmas 2013?

You and I are both bad-I always want to change things-cabins, excursions, ADR's and resorts at WDW, etc. I am looking for another cruise on a different ship at a different time. LOL My name is Kim, and I'm a vacation addict. :smileyhappy:

BTW-this might be of great interest to you. Have you seen the CCL "Faster to the Fun" program that was released today? It has those Diamond and Platinum people up in arms. Essentially, CCL will be selling the VIP perks for $49.99 per cabin! Where do I give my CC number b/c I am ALL over this! It's VIP curbside, special security line, VIP check in, a lounge (but not the same one as the D/P members-they had to leave them SOMETHING), your cabin will be ready as soon as you step on the ship, your baggage is delivered first, priority dining reservations, a VIP guest services line, priority tendering, and your choice of disembarkation time! Like I said, where do I sign up! Right now it's in a "test" phase on two ships and then they are supposed to roll it out fleet wide. I feel bad for the D/P people who spent $20,000 in cruises to get what we can now get for $49.99 but hey, I LOVE it for you and I!! OK, well, they are left with their own VIP lounge and free laundry that no one else can get but everything else is up for sale and I am buying! LOL

Here is a link to the CCL page about it. The CC CCL board is on FIRE over it. LOL

http://carnival-news.com/2012/08/07/new-faster-to-the-fun-program-being-piloted-on-two-carnival-ships/

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages