2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:02am

I was reading a trip report on disboards for the first Galveston DCL Magic cruise, she included this clip from youtube.   Have you seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTuDWg85Opw

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:58am

That happened to me too. I ended up with way more than I should have had. Oh well, we shared with the kids in the stateroom next door when they weren't feeling well.

I understand that thinking with John. Thats how I would be with David. Moving those cruises is expensive and he doen't have a great track record with Christmas. Maybe this time it will happen!!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:10am

I know - at this point with John, I'll believe it when I see it.     I told John I lose $200 every time I move this cruise - so I am only going to move it one more time.      Every year he swears he'll push for Christmas, since he hasn't taken off Christmas the whole time he's been there (10 years), but he always backs down.   He claims he will sit them down at the first part of 2013 and let them know he has to have it preapproved & he has never taken Christmas off, blah blah blah.  So I'm not planning on moving the cruise until he has it stamped approved.

I'm ready to go. . . . ..although, it's funny to me how much I've not done yet.   I have a suite case full of the stuff I bought for the FE - but I've not started to break them down into stateroom bags yet.    I bought way more than I meant to.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:40am

I agree that Disney makes up the rules as they go along. No one but Disney knows if CL will be included until they release it and we can ask.

Did you say, John, are you SURE you want to try for Christmas? LOL! :smileywink: I hope you do get to do Christmas eventually b/c you have been wanting that experience for a few years now. Sounds like Jamacia should be in your plans huh? :smileyhappy:

Wow-under 6 weeks! I don't think I'm ready to go again yet. LOL It will be fun though and I am looking forward to seeing my family and playing at the beach. :smileyhappy:

I can't wait to hear about your cruise and what you think about DCL and how the girls enjoyed it. :smileyhappy:

We came home to a box on the step-it was 2 sets of snorkel gear.  A few more things and then I'll have Christmas gifts for the boys-cruise style. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 8:00am

The people on disboards were adamant that CL would not be included.   I was booked CL last year and got free dining, so who knows.  WDW makes rules as they go along - so regardless of how it worked last year, doesn't mean it will work the same this year.   It won't kill my plans if I don't get a discount, but of course - saving money always helps.

I got an email yesterday that National Cruise Week is coming - hopefully DCL will release their 2014 schedule by then. . .I'm curious about Spring Break 2014.   I really want to see CCL's schedule for fall 2014.   John has indicated he would like to push for Christmas - I think the CCL Magic's route would be Grand Cayman, Jamaica & Cozumel - which wasn't my first choice, but it seems it is his.   He and Makayla want to go back to Jamaica to do the dunebuggies again - and he mentioned it would be fun to let the girls do the Dolphin Trainer again.

And here we are Kim - under 6 weeks to our Thanksgiving family trips!!    Ann sent me a DCL scrapbooking kit.   I've not opened it yet to see what is involved - hopefully it is an easy kit to do.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 4:07pm

Oh cool! Then I will be calling on the 10th-Wednesday-to see if it applies to the CL rooms. :smileyhappy: 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 2:22pm
The getaway has that contract with Miami. I would take the jewel or pearl! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 2:22pm
My Internet is down - again! I have to leave the house for my iPhone to connect.

Anyhow, yes I was able to use the discount for my whole trip last year. As long as you checked in before the black out dates or end date of a promotion the cm said it could be applied to the whole trip. But some people on disboards Friday were saying only standard rooms at AKL qualified. So I don't know if they were right. I know it's a pain for you, as I can't call myself this year to find out.

I would love for any ship to go out of Houston! Lol closer than Galveston even, and that million dollar port just sits there empty.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:18am

Oh yea, one more thing to mention. I know why people think the new DCL itineraries will come out soon and I think they may be on to something, the reservation system is down for two days starting tomorrow (8th & 9th) so maybe they are adding the new itineraries?? Although, there is a new promo coming out the 10th for WDW so that may be it too. Maybe it's both and they needed to shut it down to deal with all the changes that will happen on the 10th? I guess I will tune in on the 10th b/c I need to book someone for January and we are waiting for this promo to grab her a good price. :smileyhappy: Oh and Deb-I wonder if you will qualify? It runs through 3/7. Will they give a promo for your whole trip if you check in while the promo is still active or just for those 2 days? Hummm...I think I need to call WDW on this one and see what they say. You dealt with this last year didn't you?

Anyway, if DCL is releasing 2014 soon I would check out the 10th-it's a likely canidate for the release. :smileyhappy:  

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:38am

Maybe NCL could send a nicer/newer ship to Galveston/Houston to compete with the Magic? Come on Getaway! :smileywink: I do hope they add NCL to Houston/Galveston (I would like to see someone use that nice new Houston port!!) but even more than that I do wish NCL would offer a 7 day summer cruise from/to anywhere besides NYC. Our only choice for NCL during the summer is the Sky out of Miami (or head to NYC and that isn't really a great choice for us or my parents). Now, I am thrilled to cruise from Miami-it just looks like the best port to me-but I would have loved the choice of a longer cruise-heck, even a 5 day would have been nice. 

Ok, I was just on the NCL site and guess what they have on their homepage that made me giggle loud enough to peek Robbie's interest? They are advertising "End of the World 2012 Mayan cruises". Seriously. That just made me laugh this morning. 

I guess I can add my NCL Sky ticker since it seems like we are all going to try pretty hard to do it. Everyone was pretty excited this weekend talking about it and Sean is super excited that he could actually get to go on one with us. Mitt, however, was not trying to find a way to go. Poor guy just didn't get the cruising gene-he is a landlubber. :smileywink: 

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages