2012 Cruising for some Fun!

iVillage Member
2012 Cruising for some Fun!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:29am

I thought since the other cruise thread was over 2,000 posts that we should start a new one.

We can discuss upcoming cruise plans as well as those cruises we hope to/wish to plan. Plus any cruise news and/or questions. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:16pm

Disboards people are claiming for DCL to offer KSF - they can't be selling well, which makes sense.   They offered balcony upgrades and the only sailing that was excluded was the Thanksgiving one - of course.   You could even get upgrades on the Christmas cruise, but not Thanksgiving.   I'm bummed as I hate that the people on disboards that keep mentioning how bad Texas is selling are from NY.  Naturally, cuz it's a "no brainer" they need to bring a ship back to NY.   

I know I live in Texas, and I'd rather sail out of Florida and add in a night of WDW than do the Western Caribbean again.    Course, if they were to (which I'm sure they won't) offer the 8 night Bahama over Thanksgiving I would go that way - even with an older ship.   I like this size of ship - and will admit I'm a little intimated about going on the mega ships.

Nope, I didn't book two staterooms - just the one.   I think we are in a 4A, it's suppose to hold 5 people though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:58pm

Well, I could swear I saw an excursion where you stopped in Hell but I don't see it now. Maybe it is sold out? The excursion I have picked is one of the "cheapest" so there isn't much else we'd like to do around the same price. I'm ok with the snorkelling and Robbie will just have to be b/c I want to snorkel-at least once. 

Are they not selling well? I can see that being the case. It's hard to convince people to go on an older ship with fewer ports that charges more. I think it's only the really Disney loving people or the ones who have been curious about DCL for awhile now, that are booking. I do love thier new kids sail free promotion. I have one person who is thinking about booking that one. It's a good deal since she has 3 kids 17 and under. I wish I could take advantage of it but it just ain't gonna happen this year-I'm Carnival Magic bound! 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:46pm

You have created a monster...muhahaha! Poor John, just a plain 'ole regular room on Disney. At least they have good sized rooms. I forget-did you get one or two rooms? 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:06pm

Is Hell an option for Jamaica?  Some people go there so they can mail post cards that will stamped that they are coming from Hell.  And you can eat there.  Not sure if it is expensive or not.

No, you can't just walk around the port of Jamiaca.  Well, at least Ocho Rios you couldn't - it was fenced in with guards.   I don't know about Falmouth or Montego Bay.

Maddie got a tattoo yesterday that is a peace sign in the shape of a turtle.  She was telling me how much she loves turtles & peace signs so it was perfect.   I asked her if she might ever want to see a real turtle - she said yes, please.   I then had a talk with her about how some island breed turtles for food - as I'm worried about them possibly learning that at Boatswain - I've read reports where people said turtle is on the menu there.   

I need 2014 cruise schedules.   You know, I was thinking we could do the one day WDW, followed by 7 nights on the Fantasy - unless by some miracle DCL does one of those 8 nighters out of Galveston for Thanksgiving 2014.  Sigh, a girl can hope, right?   I'm thinking Galveston is selling so badly they won't want t come back.  It's a shame - but I don't know how DCL could do the same routes as Princess, RCCL, Carnival - but charge more and fill up.     Would be nice in my eyes though.

OOOOH - John asked me what kind of suite we have on DCL next month.    He looked so confused when I broke out laughing.   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:57am

I have been stressing over excursions for the Magic cruise and have been making myself nuts! I just can't get past giving up the turtles in Grand Cayman so I have decided to suck it up and do it. I really think Robbie will enjoy it. So then that leaves Jamacia and darn it, I can't figure out what to do except that snorkelling trip. I think I need to talk to Robbie about it and see how he feels now that he is a little older and less afraid of water. I think he will be ok and if it's only the one time he has to snorkel, he should be ok. We will have the chance to snorkel with the turtles in GC but we don't have to. Adam and David can always snorkel while I hang with Robbie and do what he wants to do. I am thinking we do the sail and snorkel in Jamacia and see how Robbie feels. If he hates it, he can get out and sit on the boat and he and I can do something besides snorkelling in GC. If he enjoys it then maybe we can all snorkel again the next day in GC. I wish there was a less exspensive snorkelling trip in Jamacia but nope, seems like that is the most exspensive port we go to. Cozumel will be shopping and David and I are both fine with that. Oh and David is NO help. He just doesn't seem to care what we do. He says things like, "well, we'll just walk around in Jamacia". UGH No, we're not going to "just walk around" in Jamacia. We either sit on the ship or we do a cruise sponsored excursion. I'm too nervous to do anything else. So I am trying to figure it all out and work in paying for excursions and Christmas gifts all in the next couple months. All David cares about right now is triathlon equipement and nothing about the trip will hold his attention for more than a minute-unless I can figure out how to get him to train or something in port. LOL Oh I will be so happy to pack and head for port with all this settled and the plans all laid out. :smileyhappy: 

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 8:17am

I agree. Toy Story Yatzee sounds just perfect. :smileyhappy: I can't wait to see the pics!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:18pm

YAY on paying it off!   I think that means you are going!  :smileyhappy:

John doesn't want to take the Elf/Elves on the cruise.    He thinks with the tight quarters we'll be setting me up to get caught.    Oh well - we'll be home on Saturday, so it's just two days later.   And I'll do like my initial plan and set them all up playing a game.   I have Toy Story Yahtzee that has never been opened, that seems appropriate.  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:26pm

I would be torn on that Elf on a Shelf. It seems like it would be fun to do it but again, like Chris said, it is an added "pressure". Also, I agree with you that it may be a lot easier to be caught. Eek.I would be torn though and I know me, I'd probably do it. LOL

I forgot to pass on my good news this morning. I paid off the CCL Magic trip! We are going!! :smileyhappy: Now to work out what we can afford in excursions. So far-snorkelling-I HAVE been thinking about maybe doing something else more "Robbie friendly" in Jamacia and then snorkelling in Grand Cayman. I dunno, we'll see what I can work out.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 5:50am

That is true Chris.   I still need to run the idea by John.  If I were to take her/him/or them - I would only bring it out starting Friday.    So it would only be two days.   But I would worry about getting caught touching them.    I know my time with them believing is short - but I sure don't want to shorten it accidently.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:20pm

You know a third option could be to take one on the cruise for them to find, and  set the other out at home..  I would guess Mary would have to go on the cruise though - as it might upset them to think Mary had been replaced, especially since the new elf is a boy.

We get home on the Saturday after Thanksgiving - so sticking to my original plan would be okay.   Just wondering if the elf showing up on the ship would add some special magic.

Pages