2012 Disney Discussions
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 9:33pm

Well somebody had to do it ;).

In peace,
Max       

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:58am

What made me start thinking about making the switch, was last night as I was brushing Maddie's hair she said she had been craving Teppanyaki's rice.    So, that led me to googling Japanese places in our area. . .and then I started thinking about Teppan Edo.  

I did find that Houston has two Bennihanas, but neither are in a location I'd want to drive to (distance/crowds).    But there is a small Japanese fushion place around the corner from my house - I've never really given it thought - but the reviews say it is a dinner w/a show.   May be worth checking out some day soon.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 9:04am

That's what Robbie wants too-the rice-he LOVES it. I like it all-the rice, the veggies, the meat (usually chix for me) and the show. :smileyhappy: Hummm...now I am craving some of that food. LOL

We have a nice place in a nearby town that we like to stop at every once in awhile. They do a really good job and the food is yummy. I'd try out the place by your house-I bet it's good!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 10:45am

The place here is expesive too so we have learned to go at lunch-much less expensive. :smileyhappy:

The place we go is called Fuji. I have been to a Shogun when we lived in NC-it was good. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 12:18pm

Yea, if your family isn't into that type of food I wouldn't bother. Like you said, it's $$ and why waste the money.

The Hu Hot place sounds good to me. There is a place like that on the ship. It's supposed to be very busy so we hope to hit it while most people are in port. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 3:06pm

I've not seen a menu for the place by us - I've googled them, but no website to speak of.    But usually places like this have some kind of seafood, so I am covered there (usually).  The girls eat the rice, chicken, noodles - so they are good.   john. . well, john will eat just about anything.  :smileyhappy:

Course, we should have Teppanyaki on our POA cruise at least once.  :smileyhappy:  They are starting to open up excursions on that cruise.  I booked our mudbugs - since that is a have to.   I may go ahead and book the sea horse discovery too - as that is important.   HA!  Sorry, this is cruise related, not Disney - but talking about Japanese food led to Teppanyaki, which steered me to the POA cruise.   My bad.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 4:47pm

:smileyhappy:  Cuz I put it on the wrong thread.   POA = Pride of America.  It's the ship we are cruising Hawaii on.   I should have mentioned it on the cruising thread so it would have some context behind it.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 6:49pm

Nah, you were gone over the summer and how often do I change my mind?  :smileyhappy:

We are staying at Aulani.  I was debating a whole week at Aulani or a few days there + a cruise.  The latter plan won out so that we could do a few things on the other islands that I couldn't find on Oahu.   :smileyhappy:  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:28am

That's sweet.    What is more costly, Europe or Hawaii?    You could always do your big anniversary at whichever one is better priced.  Both would be memrorable and romatic.  Although, I have to say - Europe appeals to me most.   Maybe cause I've never been???

I met my first husband at a bar.  I was 17 and had snuck in with other friends.   Anyhow, he asked me to dance, etc.   Later he was telling me how he wanted to take me to Corpus Christi - to show me what a real beach looked like.   Show off.   I did have fun saying - well, I grew up in California, Florida and Hawaii, is Corpus really that much better.    Sigh.   With a line like that I still somehow married him.   Blech.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 8:01am

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 8:03am

That is really cute!   There are some very clever people out there.

Pages