2012 Disney Discussions
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 9:33pm

Well somebody had to do it ;).

In peace,
Max       

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:29am

Check out the Belle Meet & Greet video that Disney Professionals. That has got to the be the best character meet & greet ever. I'm not a huge fan of princesses but wow-this one is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PPoE-K9Eo

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:37am

Oh my word I had no idea!  That is too clever/cute!    Heck with my DDs, I want to see that!   Luminere & the Madame Wardrobe are enough for me!  

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:55am

Man, I just checked SW Airlines rates.    I can fly home from Orlando for about $700 less.    Crazy.  But it is a different airport.   I'll have to ask John if he would mind picking us up down at Hobby.    Or for $700 savings, I could take a darn cab home couldn't I?    I need to google map Hobby, I've never been to that airport - but for $700 and no baggage fees, it may be worth trying!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 12:12pm

Kim, is 8:10 am too early of a flight for ME?    John said he would pick us up at Hobby if I wanted, and to come home would be a whopping $725 at that time frame.  So much better than the $1600 to get to Bush.   

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 12:20pm

I think I found everything I need to know - via google.  Some websites do not show SW as an airline where you can do resort check in - but Disney's website does list it.   And it looks like as long as you flights are at 8:00 am or later you are good - as the luggage check at the resort opens at 5:00 am.   The flight I'm looking at is 8:10 am.   So that would work.   And to save that much money, since it does not look like the darn flights are ever going to go down. . . . .   I've never flown SW, and looking at their website it doesn't appear you can pre pick your seats - is there a risk of us being split up since the M&Ms are children?

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:22pm

Sorry. I was checked out there for a bit. I had to take my dogs out and that was (of course) right when UPS delivered my new Nook (ok, old Nook, refurbed). Mine decided to earase itself every time I tried to charge it. They know of this issue b/c it's been happening for awhile now but have done nothing to fix it. Frustrates me! It happened to Adam in April and the store just replaced his Nook. Now they want you to jump through hoops and you get a refurb. I was NOT happy with their CS but I hear Kindle Fires are just as bad. Next time I'm getting a mini-ipad. :smileyhappy: So I got caught up in that and am now sitting here downloading the 300 apps & books I had on there-grrrrrrrrr. I shouldn't complain, at least I got most of my content back-not sure yet if it's all there yet.

Glad you found the answers b/c that is a huge savings!! I have flown SW many times with kiddos and, like Chris said, they let us board first (esp. when it's one adult and multiple children-BTDT) and we were all seated together. As long as you are on time for boarding, there shouldn't be an issue and I know you, you'll be early. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:27pm

I liked that idea for the chain-it's so cute!

I can't believe that meet & greet-how cool. Can you imagine bringing a 6 yr there? How much fun would that be? Hummm, no 6 yr olds here. Maybe I could take my niece. :smileywink:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:04pm

The website offered the option to add on for a lower boarding # (so you can board earlier) for an extra $10 a ticket.  So I did that option.    I think the girls would be okay as long as they were together & I was nearby, but of course I'd rather sit with them.   So, I now have flights to & from Orlando.  Yay.   

Grrr on it erasing itself.    It's amazing how helpful & how frustrating electronics can be.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:06pm

Oh no, did I miss something?  Do you have to be a certain age to do the Belle Meet & Greet?   You reference taking a 6 year old.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:34pm

I'm 49 and I'd enjoy it.  :smileysad:  

Pages