2012 Disney Discussions
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 9:33pm

Well somebody had to do it ;).

In peace,
Max       

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:36pm

No, no age limit. I was just thinking that about 6yrs old would be perfect for this. They are fully believing in the characters and would be just blown away by this. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:57pm

:smileyhappy:  Good on the no age limit.    I am really hopeful of making it through this year with them believing in characters (for DCL & Christmas). . ..I wonder if March would be stretching it too far.   Oh well, I can hope, right.

Chris, I'm so non observant I didn't notice the names on the hats.  I went back and looked, and you are right.  That does seem Disney-ish.   :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:06pm

That makes sense Chris.   I'm 49, and yet at Disney there are such great CMs that there are moments I forget.    YAY, I'd love at least one more trip to WDW with believers.   Crossing fingers.

iVillage Member
Re: 2012 Disney Discussions
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 8:03am

The Inauguration in D.C.? Those are fun. She should have gone. It's like a big party atmosphere on the street and the new Pres will drive by and you get to see them. I was at Sr. Bush's and he and Barabra (in a blue dress :smileywink:) jumped out of the limos right in front of us. It was fun. Your kids seem to get some great opportunities. That is awesome. :smileyhappy:

Oh and I agree with you on skipping that mission trip. They don't sound too responsible.

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 8:56am

I logged into my WDW reservation and saw a few ADRs pop up.  :smileyhappy:    Then I got the email from the CL.   I did get every ADR I requested.   However, I do not have the Wonderland Tea Party - yet.  They said that they were currently only booking through the end of December, so that one couldn't be made yet.

I even got Be Our Guest on our first day.  Works nicely as we get to WDW around noon, our ADR is for 6:25 - and the park closes at 8:00 pm (according to the calendar).  So an early evening, as the next day will be our Sunrise Safari.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:19am

YAY!!!! AKL CL rocks! So glad you got everything!!! :smileyhappy: I can't wait for your Be Our Guest review! Take lots of pics for us. :smileyhappy:

Ooooh, Sunrise Safari-another one I can't wait to hear about! Make sure to take lots of pics. :smileywink: Man, I;m demanding aren't I? LOL

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:35am

I will try to take lots of pics!    I do love pictures.  :smileyhappy:    I told John I wanted a good point & shoot camera for Christmas.   My NIkon is great. . .fast, good pics, etc - but heavy as crap.    I want something easier for WDW so I don't mind carrying it everywhere.    Although now that I'm typing this. . I had asked him for a camera a couple of years ago and ended up giving the one he gave me away, and buying the Nikon.   So, perhaps I shouldn't trust his opinion all that much.

The only ADR I was disappointed with was the CRT.  I requested 6:30 and got 7:00 pm.   I know that is still a reasonable time frame - but our BBB is for 5:00 pm.    If they are not backed up, that will be a long wait in between.  But I guess it's better this way than to risk rushing.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:51am

You can always head there early and check in. They will usually just work you on in. We've done it plenty of times. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:57am

Work you in early at CRT?   I guess we could try - but generally they are booked full, so they (in our past experience) were pretty rigid.   I can remember one year we got there early and they told us to wait along the wall to even check in.    They have a little show they do with wands - so they kind of send people in, in groups.  Like 4 or 5 tables at a time.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:03am

I've never been to CRT so you would know better than me on that one. I know we have gone early to Crystal Palace, Ohanas, and Whispering Canyon but none of those are as "in demand" as CRT. Maybe you can use the extra time for some fun photos in MK? The girls dressed up holding Tink in front of the castle, maybe with some characters if they are out and about? Maybe at the wishing well-that would be cute. :smileyhappy:

photo Kim-1.jpg

Pages