2012 Vacations!

iVillage Member
2012 Vacations!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:31am

Here is a new vacations thread too. :) Any vacation plans we want to share that are not Disney or a cruise-ya know, like one to Europe or something-we can chat about in here. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 8:25am

Deb is right-that 2 looks great all by itself!! It's coming up so soon!!! Are you ready? Excited? Nervous?

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:01am
I did remember yesterday that I was two weeks away but I have been sleeping so much I haven't had time to get nervous. Next week I'll get nervous. I need to figure out how I am getting to the airport. I might take Brian's car and just park it up there. I was going to ask my mom to take me but she pretty much said "I don't drive in Omaha" so that was the end of that. My flight doesn't leave til 10:30 in the morning so it makes it too hard for Brian to take me- he has to get Donovan to school at 9. Because it's an international flight I am supposed to check in two hours ahead, which seems weird. That airport isn't that busy, I'm sure I'll be twiddling my thumbs for two hours. OK, now talking about it is actually making me nervous:)
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:13pm

crud - I posted on the wrong thread. . I realized it as soon as I hit "submit", but it has taken this long for me to get the edit button to actually reopen the thread so I could remove my post.

I do wish there was a delete option for goofball mistakes like this.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:18pm
That's cool!!!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 8:58pm

Wow, I can count your days on one hand now!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 11:07am
Yours is only 22 days away!! That will fly by!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 7:28am

Your ticker could be a peace sign now.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 10:57am
LOL, I wish you could stalk it. I leave at 10:30 out of Omaha and then arrive in Atlanta at 1:50. Depart Atlanta at 4 and then arrive in Rome the next morning at 7:30.

I am NOT packed. I did start last night but the lint roller has disappeared and my black slacks are linty, so I need to go buy one. Plus I need to iron all my stuff before I put it in the suitcase. Which I know is sort of futile but I am hoping they aren't too wrinkly when I take them out.

I am somewhat nervous. Not knowing what the plane will be like as far as too small seats, etc. Frankly, the thought of being on 13 hour plane ride in a seat that I barely fit in is making me really nervous. I am hoping to be able to sleep a little bit. Because when we get to Rome, once everyone arrives, we will drop our bags off at the hotel and immediately start touring. In fact, we won't even be able to get into our rooms- just drop the bags with the bell service. That first day we are going to the Forum Romanum. Walking tour of the ancient forum that was built by Julius Cesar. Then we have a Welcome dinner.

The next day, we go to Vatican city. We'll go to the Museum and then the Sistine Chapel. St Peter's Basilica-which has the world's largest dome (guarded by the Swiss Guard) and there is a famous Michelangelo sculputure there. After that, we have lunch and then we go to the ancient roman colosseum, the trevi fountain and then also the Pantheon.

Then the next day, we have training all morning including lunch and then the eving we have a free time. I am hoping to go shopping and somehow Hannah has decided that Rome is famous for it's perfume ( I kept trying to tell her that was France not Italy but she won't listen) so I'll look for some kind of perfume. Then we have a farewell dinner that night and the next morning I am on my way back home. So super quick. Basically going to Italy for the weekend;)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 12:20pm

Italian perfume.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 12:26pm

Ya know what else I thought about? You will probably meet up with other GS leaders on that Atlanta flight. I would think that most of you going would fly to the East and then on a plane over to Rome. So your long flight you might be seated with other GS leaders and that would be nice-you wouldn't be alone. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg