2012 Vacations!

iVillage Member
2012 Vacations!
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:31am

Here is a new vacations thread too. :) Any vacation plans we want to share that are not Disney or a cruise-ya know, like one to Europe or something-we can chat about in here. :)

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 1:54pm
Yes, that is a good possibility. The letter that they sent me said that a lot of us might be on the same flight. I kind of hope ALL of us are:) That way when we get to the airport we won't have to wait for too long for others to arrive. Apparently a lot of group leaders (Not GS) are going to be coming too so they will arrive on the same day but we get our own bus- the GREEN bus.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 8:17am

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 11:27am
LOL Deb!!! Yep, I am ready!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 4:27pm

YAY!!! Do you have enough batteries for your camera? I mean that IS the most important thing you are bringing right? (cough)

Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful time and can catch some Z's on the plane. Enjoy it you jetset woman spending the weekend in Italy! Wooo Hooo!

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:36pm

It does seem extreme, however - once the man said he didn't want to switch seats, he should have dropped it.    I do not understand the mentality of "ask and you SHOULD receive".     If there aren't children or special needs people involved, well. . .he either booked his flight too late to find seats together, or boarded too late - either way he should have known going in they might not sit together.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 1:32pm

It does seem odd how fast (from the sounds of it) that it went to those extremes.    But I see their point too, about not wanting to risk issues once in the air.    Perhaps if he seemed drunk to them that tip the scale against him?

Last year when we were flying to Orlando there was a family of about 8 that boarded late and were scattered around the plane.   They worked to get people to switch with them so they could all be together.    They were able to get their kids together, about it.   They didn't really push, but it still worried me when they would look in my direction (as they were in the row in front of me).   I wasn't going to switch since I was on there by myself with the M&Ms - but I'm sure they realized that as they never asked me. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:09pm

Well, while you don't hear as many stories about female pedophiles, they do exist.    I don't see a big deal in the man sitting next to the kids during the flight.  I mean seriously, if you are a pedophile I would still think on an airplane they would have a hard time doing anything secretive.

Well, I had mixed feelings for that family.   I mean for none of them to be together it had to be a last minute booking, so they had to know they weren't going to be together when they booked it.    Logic says, book another flight or deal with the seating arrangements.    They weren't rude at all in asking.     At least 2 of the kids were younger/smaller than mine.   One row (3 seats) had an older person with 3 small kids, one on her lap.   The remainder of their group was spread out - I know the man that seemed to be the father was about 2 rows behind us, and a boy - maybe 10 - was in the seat directly in front of him.   I don't know where the others ended up.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:51pm

That movie freaked me out Chris! I swear, I would be just like her and never give up on my kid. What a scary thought. I felt panicked watching that movie. Stressed me out. LOL

photo Kim-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:51pm

True.   That was one honka big plane.   

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 12:48pm

Sooooo...are you going???

It looks really nice. :smileyhappy: I have seen some great deals at non Disney run hotels that are on Disney property too. Looks like this is the time of year to go to get the deals.

photo Kim-1.jpg