Update on Zoe and sil....

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-11-2008
Update on Zoe and sil....
3
Tue, 04-29-2008 - 1:51pm

I figured I'd get them both done in one post, lol.

So Zoe's doctor listened to her chest and said it sounded great, compared to last week, so something worked. She tested her for strep, sometimes the antibiotics she was on don't work for strep (?) but the rapid test was negative. She sent us to radiology for chest x-rays and sinus x-rays, she's thinking maybe there is a sinus infection that she didn't catch, in which case we would start new antibiotics. If the x-rays are all clear, then it's just a virus that she picked up, and we'll have to wait it out. So basically no answers yet!

Sil went to her doctor today. They are doing surgery tomorrow to remove lymph nodes and biopsy them. If they are positive, they will do chemo definitely. If they are negative, they aren't sure what they will do. Apparently, she went to a different doctor before, and they biopsied the sentinel node, and got a false negative. I'm still confused, it sounds like they aren't sure if there is cancer or not, but the false negative makes it sound like they are sure there is, so I don't know what's going on. I'm getting all my info from mil, so she might have it a little confused. Everyone went to the doctor with sil this morning, bil and the kids, sil's parents, mil and fil, and my other sil's dd that mil babysits. Poor sil, I would have made them all stay home, lol.

Photobucket


Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-22-2008
Tue, 04-29-2008 - 2:00pm

I sure hope that Zoe is all better.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-31-2006
Tue, 04-29-2008 - 4:18pm

P&PT continuing

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-13-2005
Tue, 04-29-2008 - 11:13pm
(((HUGS))) for Zoe and your SIL

Photobucket








Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket