iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 12:03pm

Ugh Kim .

Community Leader
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 12:48pm

Kim, I love your new sig!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:21pm
I want that weather! We're on spring break, and last week (and the week before) were 80 degree, sunny days! Today, it was cold and cloudy in the morning. Now, it's pushing it to say it's 60 degrees.

I hope you can get your kitchen done. I spent Saturday scrubbing the kitchen floors. My arms still ache, but it was worth it. It was long overdue, and now I won't have to worry about doing it again for at least six months.

I haven't gotten much done yet today. I made some laundry detergent last night, and I got it bottled up. The kids have been fed, but that's about it. Oh, and a load of laundry is in the wash. I need to figure out something for us to go do because the kids can't play Wii all day.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:11pm
Happy Monday ladies! Today hubby started the new job, and i couldn't drag myself out of bed to do anything. I really didn't do anything useful today except get a shower with my daughter (we don't have a tub and since shes so little someone has to take one with her. ) We had left over kfc for dinner. My uncle visited yesterday and brought dinner with him, and there were left overs. Tonight i did run to my friends house to borrow a work shirt for my hubby till he can get his uniforms. I did dry one load of laundry and pick up another loaf of bread but thats it....I hope to be more productive and maybe hit the gym tomorrow.
Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 7:06am
Thanks everyone, things got a lot better after JT took a nap. We did end up going to choir and the kids played on the playground. I even got some snuggles from JT after dinner. No plans for today outside of laundry.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 8:53am

I didn't get the kitchen done yesterday as the phone would not quit ringing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 6:04pm

Well we survived Tuesday....i didn't sleep well last night and just havent wanted to get out of bed these past two days.

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 11:04am
Melinda - great deals at the thrift shop! I wish we had a nice one for adults around here, I'd really like to get some sundresses for summer.

I'm house bound the next 2 days. We dropped the van off this morning and they said they would need it 2 days to fix the AC. I'm so aggravated with the vehicle situation. DH's truck doesn't run well so we bought my parent's car and are bringing it back with us. So now the van starts having issues, grrr. We can't do 2 car payments and car repairs. I've got the laundry done and put away except for the older kid stuff. I'm thinking of getting a jump on things and getting the bathroom done today.

Luke asked me to teach him to read yesterday. He was finding "Lorax" on all the pages when we read, so he picks up word recognition pretty quick. I don't even know where to start so I asked his teacher this morning. She said it is all about sight words to start with so not really sounding out words. We'll give it a shot, I still have the K sight list from Nathan. My other career interest was genetics so I really find it interesting to see what different strengths each of our kids have.

Lunch time already...
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 1:06pm

Melinda, sounds like you got some great deals!

Kim, good luck teaching Luke to read.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 1:55pm
I would love to learn to knit or crochet! Which one do you find is easier? That is on my "when the kids are all in school" list. I'm so sorry to hear DH didn't pass. I'm sure that is rough for him. Good luck getting everything cleaned.

Sight words... they start with "I, see, am, the, like, a, can, we" I actually have a set of books called high frequency readers we got for Alex so it is more like reading a book than memorizing flash cards. They start with "I see..." and then the picture helps with the last word. Each book adds 1-2 new words. Luke cruised through our 1st 11 books (15 total). I've know he was ready to read for about a year I just didn't know where to start. I might have to see if there is a second set of the books. This throws the whole young 5 or K decision up in the air again, they don't even start teaching reading until mid way through K...
Photobucket

Pages