iVillage Member
Week of 4/23
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 11:15am

What do you have going on this week?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: jenastar
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 12:19pm
Our week is pretty packed. The house is a disaster so I'm digging out today. I'm also determined to get 30 min of exercise in everyday this week. I did 45 min Friday and it felt so good. Tonight is choir followed by soccer practice. Tuesday we take Luke for K orientation. Wed is the Awanas picnic and year end ceremony, Thursday Luke has conferences, Friday soccer practice again... non-stop! We had a good weekend, both boys won their soccer games. Nathan didn't play very hard but he came home and didn't want to eat so he must have been feeling bad, he is always wanting to eat. Alex's team crushed the other team which is a big deal because normally our small town teams don't do well against the big town teams. I got Alex's old room primed and I'm hoping he and I can paint one evening this week. We are having someone come out to measure for the carpeting in there and Dh will have to do the trim. I'd love to get Alex back in his room before his birthday next month. I'm working on laundry today and I promised the kids I'd make some type of snack today. I'm not going to get to both muffins and granola bars so I have to decide who will be disappointed. The one will throw a fit but the other one tends to lose out a lot because he doesn't throw a fit. Well back to work, if I sit to long I might not get going again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 4:45pm
Nothing big this week. I somehow managed to get the house fairly clean and keep it that way despite having dh's bro and his herd here for the weekend. So I'm hoping to just keep up the cleanish house for the week. I need to pull grass in the flowerbeds. This weekend we're going camping. Dh just got a new roll cage on our Jeep so we're taking T on his first jeep ride. Dh is so excited. Luckily our camper is already set up. Did that 2 weeks ago. We're going with a big group of friends and its spring turkey season, so we wanted to secure "our spot." Now we just have to load up some food and clothes and go! :)

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 6:46pm
This week looks to be quiet at the moment but we shall see if it continues that way. I will take a quiet week though because next month is going to be crazy busy with doctor's appointments, end of school stuff for the kids and a possible knee surgery for DH. I do finally after like 2 years get to go get new glasses on Thursday and still hope I will get my oven fixed soon. Stove top and microwave cooking is getting old and annoying. Kashmir
Community Leader
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 12:39am

I'm back from my weekend in the mountains.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 7:21am
i have nothing exciting or big planned for this week either. Yesterday i got a surprise phone call and a girl from church took the kids for a couple hours so i got the house cleaned up again. I do need to put clothes away in my room, and put dd new dollhouse in her room in a neat way. It will be better when we move we will have more room for everything..i still have two extra loveseats in this house that are annoying and getting in my way but the people who want them want us to move them, and i can't do it by myself and dh is working on saturdays lately.

Wednesday ds goes to the dentist again this time to get his molars sealed. Other than that i plan to take it easy. I might go through ds dresser to see if he has things that dont fit him so i can yard sale next month. Our town has a yard sale twice a year and then a friend of mine is having one in a couple weeks. I have a mini marriage conference to pay for and we owe my uncle some money for tickets he bought for my son and dh to go see wrestling....and i need money for ds school books for next year.......the list is never ending.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend....my dh did do the dishes for me and painted mine and dd toes all pink...so that was nice. We also went out to breakfast with my uncle and picked up a dollhouse his girlfriends daughter had for my daughter. Well that is it from me.
Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 11:30am
I can't believe it is after 11 already. Luke will be coming home soon and then lunch and off to K orientation. DH is going this time with me, I'm not sure if it is a good idea or not! But at least he can hear the spiel on the difference between young 5s and K. I did get the granola bars done this morning and all the laundry is washed. I had some apple sauce in the fridge so I tried the recipe using 1/2 oil 1/2 apple sauce. I think I'm going to pass on doing that. They are OK but I'm betting Nathan will not like them. Same with the muffins I made yesterday, I thought it was weird the recipe didn't have any butter/ oil and they are OK. I'll eat them since they are healthy but the kids won't touch them and that is who I'm making the snacks for. Carpet people are measuring Alex's room this evening. I need to set up an appointment to get my eyes checked while MIL is around to watch JT. I'd like to see what my options are for contacts. I have really bad eyes and about 12 years ago I just gave up on the contacts but my glasses cost $350 with our insurance because the lenses are so expensive. Worst case I just get them to give me my prescription and I look online, I just prefer trying on frames before buying them but not if I can save a lot of money.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 2:24pm
Ugh, it is dreary and raining and I'm totally unmotivated. I almost got our scrapbook from our Disney trip 2 years ago printed out. 6 pages to go and we are out of ink. Blah!! I've added another project to my list. I have recipes all over the place and on my computer and I really need an organized binder with all of them. I'm not sure when that will happen since a lot of my Mom's recipes are on 4X6 cards and I want to go to full page recipes. That is how I print them off allrecipes.com so it would be easier if they were all that way. Maybe this summer... yeah right with all the crazies running around! We talked to the principal about Luke next year and we are going to sit down with her in 2 weeks to go over it all and pick the best spot for him. DH is still adamant about him going to K even though he had issues in college. He says because his parents didn't prepare him, I say he wasn't mature enough to be on his own. But we can cross that bridge when we get there. I have no issues telling Luke he needs to spend a year at home doing community college if we feel he isn't ready for a university. Crazy to be thinking that way when he is only 4. Anyway I need to exercise, I skipped it yesterday but Alex and I painted his room and I got to do all the high stuff so I was up and down the stool all night. Looking good in there... the carpet was total sticker shock. Almost $600 for a 12X14 room! We haven't decided on that yet. OK no more procrastination!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 3:19pm

600 dollars!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 9:18am
yes it was dh who painted mine and my daughters toenails :) it was a much needed treat. Today I am babysitting for a family we go to church with and in the afternoon i have to pick up a nephew from his bus stop.

I cleaned the bunny cage and vacuumed already, ds is about to start his school work. Not much on the agenda today. I would like to get in some reading, i am reading "Dont make me count to three" by Ginger Plowman but i have only read first chapter so far. I need a desperate trip to the store but i refuse to take my daughter because she is sooo cranky lately and isn't listening. So maybe tonite when dh gets home.

Some good news....dh finally got his company truck! the downside is apparently we have to pay a hundred dollars or so a month for him to use it, but like he said it is cheaper then us having to pay to put gas in the car i guess cause that is costing like 2 to 3 hundred dollars a month since he changed jobs. we will see .....hope everyone has a great day no matter how the weather is...its suppossed to rain here.
Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 9:46am

Melinda_

Pages