Weekly Check-In 03/12

Community Leader
Weekly Check-In 03/12
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 12:49am

Yep, I know I'm a little early, but I figured that I probably won't be on tomorrow, and it's better too early than too late.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 6:52pm

Today has been a lazy day.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 7:28pm

Community Leader
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 12:40pm

Eeew!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 3:17pm
Kasmir - Ewww, I don't even want to think what is under our fridge here. I'm glad DS bloodwork looks ok, one less thing to worry about.

Rhae - I know what you mean about the kids getting outside. I've been loving it. I do need to find the sunscreen, which is just too weird for March. I love shopping with just 1, I'm going to die this summer when I've got to take all 4 of them. The older one can be a big help, or they can be a big pain, depending on their moods. It sounds like you have a lot of great places to take the kids. We live so close to the beach and I never get out there with them, I hate cleaning up all the sand.

We've had a nice few days. Yesterday was parents vs kids soccer game which is always a lot of fun. It was so nice we got to do it outside and let siblings join in. Only 2 little kids got hurt (ball to the stomach) which is pretty good, it is pretty hard not to hit someone when there are 25 kids out there. Today was Nathan's last indoor game, they did really great, 5-1 and they were just really aggressive and playing like they used to. It has been disappointing to see them hang back and not really playing as well as they can. 2 weeks of no soccer! OK, we have talked about getting a big family game together tomorrow (kids & adults mixed teams) but those are more about fun. I stink at soccer but it fun to run around. I got my screen door done, it was a lot easier than I thought and DH is grilling tonight. With the warm weather I've been forced to find all the summer stuff which will really help with packing for our trip. We got sandals for the kids today, and I just need to find Luke's T-shirts. Tomorrow I'm back to sanding drywalll (blah!) and maybe getting the last coat of join compound up (hopefully the last) so it should be a good day. Not sure if I mentioned the article in our paper bashing Alex's basketball coach but this week's paper had some letters responding to it . DH is considering writing in. I just don't want people thinking we wrote it. Fun stuff.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 3:25pm

It was a good thing to know DS is just a hefty young man.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 9:38pm

Hello ladies. i used to post on here a long time ago, my signature is sooo old but i don't know how to

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 12:42pm

Hi Melinda.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 3:06pm

Getting a baby kitten sounds fun.

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
Community Leader
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 7:52pm

Hi, Melinda!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 8:19pm
Welcome back Melinda, that is too funny, we got a kitten about 6 months ago too, Nathan found a stray that was just under 5 weeks old at the soccer fields and talked us into adopting her. She's so cuddly compared to our older cat I waste a lot of time with her just snuggling on me. I can't believe your hubby vacuums, I'd be happy if mine would put his laundry in the hamper.

Kashmir - have fun getting DD her kitten. You'll have to let us know what color he is.

Luke woke up throwing up this morning so he stayed home from church. I was still able to get the sanding done on the drywall. I'm giving up, one more sanding and I'm going to prime it, it is just DS's room. It is better than paneling! Luke was fine once he got everything up so we headed out for family soccer this afternoon. Lots of fun, the weather was perfect, upper 70s and sunny. Alex did awesome, really running for the ball and taking it away from the adults. I hope he keeps it up when the season starts. I have been known to yell "stop standing around" at him in past games ;) We stopped at the store on the way home and I found a 1/4 watermelon, I didn't think they'd have any this early and it was so good. I'm ready for summer! I'm trying to get motivated to do a big cooking week. I have a bunch of leftover pork and want to make eggrolls and the one store has cottage cheese on sale and I'd like to get some lasagna and stuffed shells made up. Also I need to inventory my meat in the freezer. I really should make a run out to my bulk meat place but I like to make meatballs and hamburger patties and such when I buy it, maybe I should wait until after our trip just in case the power goes out or something. I'm really good at procrastinating. We are going to still have upper 70s all next week and so far only 1 soccer meeting scheduled for DH so hopefully we can relax a little.
Photobucket