Weekly Check-In 03/12

Community Leader
Weekly Check-In 03/12
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 12:49am

Yep, I know I'm a little early, but I figured that I probably won't be on tomorrow, and it's better too early than too late.

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 1:01am

I survived my weekend!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:49am

Great deal on the mirror! I'm glad the birthday party went well, we tend to keep it low key but I know the older 2 are going to want parties this year.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 1:26pm

I am new to this board but thought this was a great place to hop in.

Community Leader
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 5:09pm

Welcome to the board, Kashmir!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 5:28pm
How fun you participated in pajama day... my kids just love when they do that at school, I guess I've never asked if the teachers do it too. That is crazy with your SIL!!! I'd be so upset especially with the kids along. What type of foods are you making this week? I probably should have planned something for St. Patricks day on Sat but cabbage doesn't go over well here and I've never tried anything with corned beef.

I've been super crabby today, mostly aimed at DH. I swear I feel like I have PMS but it is way too early for that. I'm sort of hoping he heads out to the soccer scheduling meeting tonight. Not that he's let me know that yet... Alex was home sick today, you know the "I'm sick and will lay on the couch for 2 hours and then magically I'm feeling better" type of sick. I did get the laundry done today and almost put away. I'm liking the warmer weather, our laundry drops off a lot once the kids stop wearing a t-shirt and sweatshirt everyday. Anyway I'm just going to get dinner on the table, JT is whining and Dh can reheat whenever he decides to show up.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 7:46am
Welcome Kashmir! How old are your kids? Did everything come out OK at the ENT? I hate spring break, typically not warm enough to do much and by the time the kids get back into our home routine they are headed back to school. I'm so glad we are traveling this year.

It is going to be in the upper 70s today, record highs! I need to get out and see where we can put in a garden. The kids have been bugging me about planting their cantaloupe seeds and growing pumpkins. I have no gardening skills and touching most green things give me hives, but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm hoping our fence in the backyard keeps out the rabbits. That was our big issue at our old house, nothing even had a chance to grow! Other than tha I should vacuum and mop the kitchen but we'll see. I love 70s and sunny.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:43am

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Community Leader
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 1:01pm

Kim, that's great that your kids are so interested in starting a garden!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 10:55am
Kashmir - I'm sorry to hear they couldn't figure out what is causing DS hearing and vision problems, I hope these other tests can figure it out. That is so weird that we are getting the same weather in Michigan that you are getting in Texas, we hit 81 yesterday and normally we are in the 50s. 4 kids in 4 years, we have a 7 year span and that was tough enough when they were little. Right now we are finding it hard to plan things that all the kids will enjoy.

Rhae - ugh, I would not want snow right now, the warm weather is a little freaky and the mosquitoes are already out full force but much better than snow. Glad to hear your SIL apologized and you worked things out.

I've been busy today, bed are changed and the last load is in the wash. Bathroom are done except the floors because I want to do the kitchen first and that needs to be after lunch. We need to run our kitten to the vet to get her stitches out but that is about it. DH has to be at soccer stuff again tonight and then Nathan has practice tomorrow... it has just been crazy with soccer this week. I'm thinking I'll bring the kids out to the field today and they can play while DH does his stuff.

Our oldest has been acting more emotional lately, sleeping in more on the weekends... I think it is just he's getting older, DH is driving me nuts trying to find out what is wrong. He's all worried because someone sent an anonymous letter to the local paper blasting the basketball coach. People have naturally assumed DH wrote it because we were pretty outspoken about not liking his coaching and Alex quit the team. The coach's kid is in Alex's class along with 3 other kids from the team so DH thinks that are bugging him even though everyone has said they aren't and Alex has said they aren't. He wants to go back again today to talk to the principal...

Nothing much planned for the rest of the day, I'm really hoping the little kids nap, they didn't yesterday and while Luke does not need a nap JT does. I'd like to get some more work done on the garage, DH just piled up the stuff to make a spot for my van and the kids keep trying to get their bikes out and it is a real mess.

JT is into every right now... his favorite room is the bathroom so I need to watch him like crazy.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 2:18pm

Kashmir, I hope that these other tests give you better answers.

Pages